Saturday, February 9, 2008

CNY eve

empty couch???

there i am...

haha~ damn lame lah...

yeah...i am back people. with photos but... due to my lappie is away in 'ICU', i had to borrow a laptop from my Uncle Daniel. Because Uncle Daniel is not into blogging and editting photos and all those things that youngsters like, his computer got no photo editor at all. Like so sien right? So now I had to post blogs with photos and with no editting.

Anyways, here are all the photos that I took during CNY eve. Like I said, we didn't have a crazy reunion dinner like we had with our relatives every year. We didn't join the Wongs (my mother's side of the family) on a new year vacation this year coz we had to go back and visit Grandpa Pang, who is not well. So we had a small reunion dinner at home by ourselves.

Mama asked us to take a family photo before eating. It seems we had not take many photos ever since our last camera went kaput. So with no any other people there to help us take photos so I used the timer...

Pinky little Pang, Big Tummy Papa Pang and curly head Mama Pang

I have a big no red policy for clothes. Hehehehe~ So I wore pinky pink. ^_^

Dad setting up the table

Our steamboat

Dad insisted that we use the old pot instead of the new one godma got us. He said: "Living up to the tradition is important". Er... okay dad...

See the charcoal in the pot?

Doesn't use electric or fire to cook the things inside the pot so have to put charcoal, real hot charcoal to make the pot hot enough to cook stuff.

Then the charcoal bits and everything that is done burning will fall down here. By the end of the day, this part is filled with ashes and smal charcoal bits.
My house is so 'traditional'. Living up to the heritage konon. No wonder my dad is so the hell kolot. Hahahahaahah~


All the ingredients for the steamboat...

The ingredients were damn fresh. Some were bought from the wet market at Air Keroh, some from Tesco and some from Jusco.

If u realised, there's Tiger Prawns in the second photo. Dad bought them last minute from Tesco. Damn expensive but it's really, really fresh. 100% worth of the prize.

We started the steamboat with pork ribs soup...
Dad says the soup like got no taste. But mama said that the ingredients will make the soup have fresh non-presevertive original flavors. We had a couple of rounds of the pork ribs soup eventhough daddy was making a lot of noise then only switch to tomyam...

I'm a crazy fan of tom yam. Er... don't too spicy lah. I will die. Haahahhahahaahahha~

I think mama's tom yam is a bit lack in taste. The spicy flavor is enough but lack of sourness of Thai tomyam. But mama said dad doesn't like sour stuff. Unlike me. :(

I found even more 'traditional' sutff in my house...

We were using traditional Nyonya's festival bowls

So proud of my heritage!!! Hahahahaaha~

Mama and her tiger prawn

Dada wearing his act macho singlet

Damn gross...Hahahaha~


Happy meal...

Not the McD's one lah... -___-lll

Tomyam=good...

Dad had got us red wine to drink. But manatau the wine opener hilang dunno where. Shitass! Sure mama clean the house and accidentally threw it away lah!!! So we had to drink Jolly Shandy, which has only 1% achohol in it, instead of red wine. :(

So jolly...




Be contended with what you have, Dorcas Pang... some people don't know what the hell is Jolly also...

After dinner, we watched tv till 1am. Erm... dad watched till 11 something only I think. Coz biasa lah... he sure tertidur one while watching tv. Hohohohooh~ old d what...

At least he didn't forget to give me this...


Will blog bout the whole CNY in one post. Not much photos taken also lah actually. Coz quite sien lah this year.

Uni starts on Monday and none of the assignments is done. Die die die~~~

Will be going to shopping tomorrow with ma and pa at IKEA or somewhere lah... Then Monday probably watching movie with Beau and sisters or getting V-day prezzie for fatty pants.

That's all lah for today...

Till then...

Bubbye...

p/s: I left the ring at Melaka!!! Shit!!! Why am I always so clumsy???? T______T

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails