Thursday, December 29, 2016

My Favorite Lipstick 2016

Morninggggg

Today I have to go out to run some errands with mummy so I woke up slightly earlier than usual ๐Ÿ˜‰ sighhh have to go settle my summons as well before I forget them again. I don't wanna end up in courttttt. Now I just have to find out where to pay them. Don't know why they must separate places to pay summons. So troublesome!

Remember this palette that I've mentioned in my favorite palettes post *here*? I said that I'll use it during Christmas celebrations since I've not used it for a long time.


I tried using it but nearly spoiled my eye makeup on Christmas Eve. I don't know if it always had been like that or it became weird after not using it for quite some time. The eyeshadows looked so muddy on my lids. They got over blended that all colors merged into one. My eyes looked like they have been severely boxed ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ I quickly removed my eye makeup and start all over again with another palette ๐Ÿ˜ž.

I've decided to throw this away since it's not working well d ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž Kinda sad and ไธ่ˆๅพ— to throw it away. But since it's not doing what it's supposed to do and damn old d, I had to let it go.

It also means that I can get a new palette. Gone with the old, in with the new wtf. Hehehe~

Here are some options that I've been thinking about...

   (pic credits to Google)

Many people dislike their Naked 2 but I think the colors are quite nice. If I was given a choice of Naked or Naked 2, I would choose 2 coz the colors are more wearable for me. Naked's colors look a bit too dark. I hardly need to do smoky eyes so this is better.

Not considering Naked 3 coz I've the dupe (MUR Iconic 3).

 (pic credits to Sephora Malaysia's website)

I was thinking to get this but I've not even started using my Zoeva palette. Don't know if I'll like Zoeva or not. So it's risky to get another Zoeva palette la. But the colors really quite nice la.

Btw this is Zoeva Naturally Yours palette. 

This Sleek I-Divine pallets in Au Naturel also caught my eye but I'm not sure of the quality. Need to go to YouTube and look for some reviews first.

Actually I've stumbled upon a few Sleek product reviews before thinking of getting a palette. Apparently their palettes are mostly a mixture of hits and misses. Other palettes have mixed reviews as well so I'm not sure which to get yet.

Maybe I can delay this purchase la coz I'm not in a rush to get a palette also. I can live with the rest of the palettes first. I also need to reevaluate if I need another palette. If I have everything I need for a neutral eye, might as well just not buy a neutral palette for now.

I've been looking at BH Cosmetics' Shaaanxo palette which is a dupe for Kylie's first palette. I kinda like it but I don't want the 9 lipsticks in the palette. Like I said a million times, I'm just not a fan of lipsticks in a palette.

Instead of paying RM60 for both summons, I've got a discount. So I only need to pay RM25. Still a lot. If only I remembered to pay the earlier one 24 hours after getting the summon. Then it'll only be RM10 for one. Sighhhh...

Finally got time to take a seat and put up my list of favorite (non-liquid) lipsticks. It didn't take me long enough to put it together coz there are only seven lipsticks that wear regularly. Out of that seven, only one is not matte and it's out of the list ๐Ÿ˜† i am seriously not a big fan of non-Matte lippies lol.

I've cut down to only five of my favorite, so let's jump into the list...

5. Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro Lipstick in Liberty Matte 


If given the chance to recommend an item from Makeup Revolution, this has to be it. Out of all the things that I got from Makeup Revolution, this is the best and also most used...at one point la. Now I hardly put on this lippie. Right after I got pregnant actually. I prefer something less "showy" and drying recently.

This is d reason why I said it's "showy". It's like spot on purple shade which I didn't think I would be wearing. But when I first started, I love it so much that I was wearing it every other day.

With the boring clothes that I'm wearing recently (pregnant woman can't be choosy ๐Ÿ˜†), I don't think I can rock this shade for the moment. Maybe I should try ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† Never know I'll be a damn hip pregger mum ok.

Btw this lippie is in low place not coz I don't like it. It's here coz I don't wear it as often.

 Pros:
• long lasting
• vibrant color

 Cons:
• quite drying
• not wearable on a daily basis

I'll get more colors from this series if it is still available. Even though it's drying, I really love how vibrant it looks on my lips ❤️

Ranking: ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„ out of 5 (damn high ah... I don't know how to rank others d lol)

4. Maybelline Rosy Matte in Mat3 Rosy Peach

  
Got this after watching TheKellyYang (a Taiwanese youtuber)'s video (can't remember which one and lazy to find it ๐Ÿ˜ฌ). Don't know why so ๅ†ฒๅŠจ suddenly coz I've never bought anything recommended by youtubers immediately after a video unless I really need it. We all know I don't desperately need another lippie right?

 I love how the lippie & tube looks. Feels very lux IMO.

I've always thought Maybelline's lip products are the best in our local drugstore. Back when I can only afford drugstore products, I love buying Maybelline's lippies. Coz 1) affordable 2) superb quality.

When I first bought it, I felt like I couldn't work this color (this happens to many other lipstick I bought as well). But after awhile I feel I can werkkk it and grown to love this shade.

Currently this is one of my most worn daily lippie. 

 Pros:
• moisturizing on the lips
• sheer color but build-able to a stronger shade
• wearable for daily use

 Cons:
• marketed as matte but does not dries down to matte = not transfer proof

I think the con doesn't bother me much coz i feel like it stains my lips a little. But I can't be sure coz the shade is very close to my Lipcolor. Sorta like a MLBB shade. If gotta reapply, I'm ok coz it's not as troublesome to reapply as liquid lipsticks.

Ranking: ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„

3. LA Girls Matte Flat Velvet Lipstick in Blessed 



Oh look a bright shade lolol

If you seen my other lipstick posts *here*, you'll realize that I don't put on very bright colors. This is one exception. I only buy blue tone pinks if I ever need a bright color coz other bright colors look terrible on my skintone. Especially ORANGE!!!

Got this to try out products from LA Girl. Love it and got another shade which I've not started wearing yet. Maybe soooooon-ish.

 Pros:
• moisturizing 
• creamy texture = easy to apply
• stains the lips = fairly long lasting

Cons:
• marketed as matte but doesn't dry down to matte

Ranking: ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„ 

2. NYX Matte Lipstick in Eden


This lippie is fairly new to the collection and I've only worn it once on Christmas Eve. But that was enough for me to love it already.

Would you look at that gorgeous red? When I unboxed it the first time, I fell so helpless in love with the awesome red shade. It's the red I've been wanting to buy for a long time.

So gorgeous!!!

 Pros:
• pigmented
• glides on easily on the lips
• fairly long lasting

Can't think of any cons since I've only worn it once. 

I've read some reviews saying that this is very drying. It wasn't in my case coz I think I've applied a lip liner under it. Could be it or not. I need to wear it again without the lip liner to judge. But for nowwww I love it.

Ranking: ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„

Its on 2nd coz it's fairly new. Not fair if I've only worn it once and it shoots up right to the number one right?  

1. Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipcolor in Bare It All 


Everybody's and their mother's favorite lippie lol

Look at how flat the top looks and also how the word "Wet n Wild" is scrapped off (first pic). That's how much I've been wearing this. Whenever I couldn't think of what to wear, I'll just take this out and put it on. It's always on top of my other lippies just coz I'm always wearing it.

I got it coz I heard it's a dupe for MAC Velvet Teddy. I just wanted to try out the color to see if I can suit the shade before committing on a Velvet Teddy which cost a bomb. I love it ๐Ÿ˜ I might just splurge on Velvet Teddy. But I'll have to wait till my shopping ban is lifted or when I'm in KL...whichever happens first wtf. Ok I'm kidding. I'll just wait till my shopping ban is lifted la. 

For now I'm just gonna keep repurchasing Bare It All until it gets discontinued...which I hope never ever happens.

 Pros:
• quite creamy 
• perfect nude shade (for me)
• wearable on a daily basis

 Cons:
• can be a lil drying, worst if you have dry lips

Ranking: ๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„๐Ÿ’„

I've yet to try the other MegaLast Lipcolor that I got but I'm sure I'm going to love it as well ๐Ÿ˜ 

That's all for my favorite lippie. Tomorrow I'll be reviewing all my favorite makeup products for you guys. Most of the stuff I've talked about over the month and some which I think I haven't. So let's see how it goes tomorrow la.

See you guys in the next post =)

Bubbye~ 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails