Skip to main content

One week one palette: Colourpop Hi-Maintenance


I've decided to try out the One Week One Palette thingy that had been going around YouTube and Reddit.

I don't have a massive amount of small palettes but it's still quite a lot for one person with just two eyes wtf. Every year I'm pretty sure there are some palettes in here that are not even touched. Or some palettes might not even be used since I've bought them. So in order make these palette just lay in my drawer for nothing, I'm gonna try to use each of them for one each week of the month. Then I'll share with you guys the looks that I've done with them and also a review on whether it's worth getting the palette or not.

For the first palette, I've chose...
Colourpop Hi-Maintenance palette

This was my first palette from Colourpop. I've depotted mine from the original packaging. The original packaging can be seen from the first pic of the post. I decided to remove the palette from it's cardboard box coz I didn't like how bulky it was.

They've since revamped all of their quads and I think I prefer this more than the cardboard box.

So let's talk about the eyeshadow palette...there are only four shades in the palette: Just In Time, High Strung, Get Out and Cute Alert.

(From left to right) Cute Alert, Get Out, High Strung and Just In Time

Just In Time- satin soft gold
High Strung- metallic dusty rose
Get Out- matte cool cranberry
Cute Alert- matte warm reddish brown

On the website, the palette is described as...
Cranberry palette filled with rosy and burgundy shades in mixed finishes to create a soft and romantic look

To me, the shades are warm and pretty dark coz of the two darker shades. But as described it is definitely a cranberry/burgundy palette. We will see if it really could soft and romantic looks later on lah.

With only four shades in the palette I wasn't sure if I could use it for a week. So I decided to use one different shade for each day as the main shade to see what variety I could get.

Let's get into the looks that I've created for the whole week...

Most photos are not edited or filtered. So please excuse my skin's condition or any imperfections.

Since my eyes are pretty hooded, the different looks are not as obvious when my eyes are opened, I'll be featuring only pics of my eyes closed.

Day 1- Monday

Shades used: Just In Time and Cute Alert

This is a typical look that I'll go for if I have time to blend two eyeshadows together.

Day 2- Wednesday

Shades used: High Strung

Please excuse my oily face coz I've forgotten to take a pic right after I put on my makeup. I quickly took this before I remove my makeup before my day ends.

Since it's workout day, I usually would be just one light shade all over my eyelids and call it a day.

Day 3- Thursday

Shades used: Get Out

Another workout day but decided to be fancy and added a lil Stila Shimmer and Glow Liquid Eyeshadow as my liner coz I was going out dinner with my friends.

Day 4- Friday

Shades used: Cute Alert and High Strung

I used Cute Alert as my liner with High Strung all over my lids

Day 5- Saturday

Shades used: Just In Time, High Strung and Cute Alert

Thought that I had a lot of time to do blending but turns out no. So the blending was not as good as I did on Monday.

Day 6- Sunday

Shades used: all shades in the palette

Decided to do a halo eye coz Sundays are to be fancy wtf

My favorite looks are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Not a fan of the Saturday and Sunday looks coz they look kinda muddy and dark. Not sure if its my lack of skills or the quality of the darker shades are meh. But I do agree with what they had described on their website which states that this palette could create soft and romantic looks.

After using it for a week, let me lay down what I like and dislike about the palette/quad.


Loves 💖
  • great palette for daily use
  • great for beginners
  • balanced amount of shimmers/satins and mattes: two shimmery ones (Just In Time and High Strung) and two mattes (Get Out and Cute Alert)
  • the shade High Strung is just stunning
  • eyeshadows last all day
  • easy to blend

Not so loves 👎
  • when all shades used together, I feel like it looks too dark and muddy
  • does not have a transition shade that I like/prefer
  • no inner corner and brow highlight shade
  • not a fan of the shade Get Out

Seems like there are more loves than not so loves. So I guess this palette is pretty good in my books. Overall I would rate this ★★★★☆. Lack of one star coz of the darker shades. If I ever run out (which I don't think I would), I won't be repurchasing the whole palette. Instead I think I would get individual shades that I really like from the palette (yes singles are available for all the shades except for Cute Alert which is discontinued) especially High Strung.

Alright so that was my first One Week One Palette post. Next week I'll be doing another post about the palette that I'm using this week. So stay tuned for that one coming up.

I'm gonna pat myself on the back for posting unfiltered pics of myself. I've not posted any pics of myself or selfies that are not filtered. I think I got used to see myself in a perfect state all the time that I didn't wanna face the truth. But to show you guys the vibrancy, blendability etc of the eyeshadows on my eyes I had to lah. I'll try to improve my skin better so that even without any filters I'll look just as good 💪

Ok lah I'll see you guys in the next post which I hope will be up in one or two days *fingers crossed* If it's not up, I'll see you guys when I see you guys lah.

Bubbye for now 😘

Comments