Skip to main content

Family Vacation to Johor Part 1: Legoland 2019


Long time no see guys. I've been gone for so so long I don't know if you guys still remember me wtf. Life has been good so far. I think I've adjusted from not working to working part time to full time in the span of five months pretty quickly. I can't say that I'm the good juggling all my responsibilities. Still striving to be better every day. I really need to make time to talk to you guys about how and what I'm doing right now.

I'm on a two week break right now. I'm trying my best to squeeze in time to do stuff with Zyon and also blog as much as I can. Let's hope before work begins at 10 June I have at least one blogpost up lah haha.

Alright now let's go into today's post...
SR and I planned to bring baby and my mama out traveling during this break. We wanted to go somewhere overseas initially but the places that we wanted to go have pretty crazy summers. Then we thought of either Langkawi or Penang. But those two places didn't have any interesting place to bring Zyon to. So in the end we decided on Legoland which has things that Zyon would enjoy.


We made two stops at two different R&Rs (one of which is the one tagged in the boomerang above) which didn't really take up much time. But we met a minor jam and a massive ones which caused us to reach Legoland like 2 hours later. The massive jam made us super ganjeong coz the petrol was running low. We couldn't find a petrol station anywhere even after the massive jam. SR even considered calling for help from the police or the toll workers. Thank god we found one before our petrol ran out.

Thank God Zyon was not difficult during the ride. He slept most of the time. This pic was taken when he was napping. Napping like a boss as usual.


Arrived at the parking lot

We wanted to park near the entrance but got into the wrong parking lot which was way further from the entrance. Thank God we got into the wrong one tho. That parking lot is free haha.

Took Zyon to take pics with some decors while papa got tickets for all of us

Zyon is terrified by the figurines...any figurines in life size, not just the ones in Legoland. So he wouldn't get close to the female pirate there.

Also he is a terrible person to take pics of coz he wouldn't look at my camera. Instead he looked at everyone else who is not me 😓

This is the closest I could get him to pose with the female pirate *rubs temples*

When I came here the first time (post gone from the blog thanks to photobucket) I got my tickets online. Didn't get these cuties the first time round. This time imma keep them for life... unless if we visit again lol.

Forgotten to take a pic of us in front of the main entrance so took it on the second day when we had lunch near Legoland. But it was a fail 😂 Maybe I'll do better the next time haha.



The moment we got into Legoland we saw LEGO Batman strutting along. The Legoland worker told us to get in line ASAP so that we could take a pic with him. Zyon watched LEGO Batman few days before coming to Legoland. I thought he would love meet him but he was terrified. He ran the other way when he saw Batman coming. I had to drag him to take a pic with Batman. Took him three shots to finally warm up to the idea of taking pic with Batman. At least he did lah. When I was two, mum brought me to a theme park in Thailand and all my pics were ruined by me. I was making all sorts of disgusted face coz I was terrified of these figurines and characters as well haha. Like mother like son yo.


 

We got to Legoland a lot later than expected. Got there just in time for lunch. Quickly got my family to Pizza Mania, a restaurant which serve food that is pretty worth for your coins, so that we could eat. I came here for lunch the last time I was at Legoland with friends. The set lunch was great for a group of four for portion and price wise. Other places were too overpriced in my opinion.

There was a table for kids to play Duplo. Mum brought Zyon over to play with it while SR and I went to order food. I was quite surprised that he would play with it coz at home he would play with his toy cars/vehicles. I have never introduced any sort of blocks. But he was quite good with them and started building towers with the Duplo. I read that this is the foundation of building interest to play Lego. I'm glad that he has interest in Lego. I'm gonna get a set for him to play soon.


The food that we had that afternoon

All these for RM100...including 3 free flow drinks. Super filling coz the pizza was 12" and we aren't big eaters. It didn't taste bad as well. If you ever go to Legoland, I would recommend to get the sets at Pizza Mania. Next time tho I'm gonna go try other restaurants to see if they have incredible sets like this too.


💗💗💗


The first place we went to play was Duplo Town which is an indoor playground which was perfect for Zyon. He loved it obviously. Our initial plan was to let him play until he got tired and needed to nap. But he napped so much in the car that he didn't need to nap at all during the whole afternoon.


Riding on a fake motorcycle. Yes, that's what he said as he sat on this : " 假的魔多来的" (It's a fake motorcycle) 😂


He always play pretend driving an ambulance at home. Super thrilled to be driving "a real one" this time.

Since Zyon's not falling asleep anytime soon, we decided to take turns to play things around Legoland that he couldn't.

Mummy and I went for the 4D movie


SR and I went for it first and we both loved it... even though we were soaked wet by the water effects. I think our show was called LEGO City Pursue or something close. Then mum and I went for the next show which was LEGO Racers. Not as good as City Pursue. Almost boring tbh. So make sure to pick the nicer shows when you go for the 4D movie. All be badass and go for all four.

We decided to explore other things that Zyon could play coz Duplo Town was getting a little boring. SR and I went on a couple of rides that he couldn't go on at first coz he looked like he was going to nap. But he was like "Nope, I am not napping today." FOLs.



Went on this NinjaGo 3D ride which was super fun. It was like the Transformers ride at USS. There was like a story that you have to walk through before going into the ride. Then you have the ride where you'll have to fight side by side the NinjaGo characters. It was not as good as the Transformers ride tbh. But really fun. All of us had fun except for Zyon. He was terrified of the 3D effects that he took off his 3D glasses and passed them to me.

Other rides we didn't take photos coz we were too busy enjoying it.


Went on their observation tower which is like our Tamingsari Tower but much lower



View from the Observation Tower



Went for some NinjaGo show which was pretty boring for me coz it's a kids' show. Zyon was showing some interest but didn't participate much coz he was getting sleepy d.


OMG what an unflattering shot of myself 😅The last ride we went on was the train ride which went around the whole theme park. Nothing exciting but it was great to kill time haha.

By then it was almost 5:45pm, there will be one last closing show before the park closes at 6pm. We quickly went to the entrance and waited for the show to start.




I was super impressed by the show to be honest. The dancers were really into dancing... unlike the ones I've seen at Kidzania (brought my school's kids there last month). The characters from the second Lego Movie were there as well. Not as lively as the other dancers but that's coz the costume must be heavy. Really above expectations lah tbh. Unfortunately my dear son is too shy to dance in public. He just stood there and stared at them the whole time.

The last event was for the kids to get up on the stage to take pics with the characters. Zyon went on stage but refused to get close to any of the characters. Still terrified of them. I tried pushing him backwards closer but he just wouldn't move. So this was the pic he had of them with Batman, Emmett and Policeman. Siggghhhhhh~

Alright that was our trip to Legoland. We didn't get to play everything coz we didn't have enough time. Other than that a lot of the rides was not "Zyon friendly". We didn't wanna go on it without everyone so we just skipped. Maybe we will return when he's old enough and less afraid of everything lol. But nonetheless we still had a lot of fun lah. Zyon won't stop talking about Legoland when he got back. Even yesterday when we were leaving the house to the mall, he was saying that he wants to go to Legoland again.

Woah I actually finished the post. Not sure if I have enough time to post anymore blogposts after today but I'll stay hopeful hahaha.

Ok that's all for today. I try to post whenever I can lah. Or else I'll probably see you guys during the next school hols which is in August hahaha. But I'll really will try to post once a week from now on lah. I think it is doable. Keep all your fingers crossed.

I'll see you guys when I see you guys.

Bubbye for now 😘

Comments