Skip to main content

One Week One Palette: Canmake Perfect Stylist Eyes in Antique Ruby


I've not been doing any one week one palette update recently coz I've accidentally deleted the album of all the previous palettes that I've used 😭 There were about three to four palettes that I've used and wanted to talk about. Damn sad ok? I've decided to just move on with the next palette. I'll talk about those three-four palette the next round when I use them for a week again. That will probably when I finish rotating all my palettes.

Today we will continue another small palette that I've been using for a week.

The palette that I'm going to talk about this week is by Canmake and it's their Perfect Stylist Eyes small palette.

This particular one that I got is in the shade no. 14 Antique Ruby. It does not have any shade names so I'm just gonna label each one as numbers.

All the eyeshadows are in satin finish except for 5 in the middle which is a pure glitter.

 The palette is described as a palette with...
classic shades offering sophistication and sexiness

Hmmmm... let's see about that with the looks that I've done with it.

There are five shades in the palette but I've only used it for four days. That is because I don't know how to use shade 5 on it's own since it's a pure glitter.


Day One


Shades used:
Since there are no shade names, I decided to show you guys what I used this way. I'll be using this format for whatever palettes that have no shade names.

Day Two


Shades used:

Day three


Shades used:

Day Four


Shades used:

Out of the four looks that I've done, my favorites are the bottom two. But to be fair, day four I didn't use a lot of the palette. So if it's solely using this palette, my favorite look is the one on Day Two...which is the one on bottom right.

I'll be honest and let you guys know that this is not my favorite palette. There is absolutely nothing that I like about it. The reason why I didn't declutter it after using for a week is coz some of the shades can work with other palettes that I have. So we will go right into the "not so loves" now.

Not So Loves 😢
  1. Swatched very pigmented but when used on the eyes, it's pretty sheer.
  2. Very small pans: difficult to pick up with both brushes and fingers
  3. Muddy when blended together. Better to use only one shade at a time...like what I've been doing over the whole week
  4. Shade 1 and 5 look kinda greyish on me. Not very flattering.
  5. Same shades have more fallout than the others
  6. Does not have any matte shades and no shimmery shade for highlighting
 I am going to rate this palette ★☆☆☆☆ coz really am disappointed with the palette. The quality of the eyeshadows are not 100% terrible but I think there are better drugstore eyeshadows out there that are way better. It is a shame coz I like the shades selection.

At the end of each one week one palette post I've decided to post a list of my favorite small palettes that I've talked about so far. So far I've done five posts so here are my top 5 small palettes (with their reviews linked)...
  1. Etude House Play Color Eyes: Cherry Blossom
  2. Colourpop High Maintenance
  3. Colourpop Unfinished Business
  4. Etude House Play Color Eyes: Wine Party
  5. Canmake Perfect Stylist Eyes: Antique Ruby
Alright that's all for this week's post. Currently using the palette I'll be talking about next week. It's going to be a Canmake palette as well. Let's see if I'll prefer this one better than this one.

I'll see you guys in the next post ya...

Bubbye~ 😘

Comments