Skip to main content

Update on Resolutions 2016: from March up until now

Sorry I've not updated on my resolutions for so damn long. I've had the draft for March-April but never published (>. >) Don't know what's wrong with me. Then I got very busy in the months after. When I was free...which is now, my laptop broke down (you might have know about it if you read my Dayre *here*). Anyways in case you've missed the January-February one *here* is the link. If you want to read all about my resolutions, click *here*.

Let's jump right into it. I'm expecting it to be a very long post since it's from March =/. So I'll try to talk less unrelated stuff *fingers crossed* You know how I can digress sometimes =P Sorry it will be without photos this time round coz I have not fully learned how to use my computer yet (> . >) I promise the next post will be filled with photos once I've learned how.

1. FINISH READING THE ENGLISH BIBLE BY JUNE

So it's August now...I'm sorry to tell you guys that I have not finished reading the English bible. I've been reading the bible since 2012. I wanted to finish it in 2015 but now even in 2016 I still can't finish it =(

Maybe I can do it by the end of the year la. I'm 84% done as of now. 8 more books till I finish the whole bible. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will at least try to finish it by this year.

2. START READING THE CHINESE BIBLE

Wait just a lil longer Chinese bible...I'll start on you soon.

3. HAVE A CONSISTENT DAILY FITNESS ROUTINE

I've failed terribly =( I didn't do much exercise at all. Maybe just once or twice per month (=.=) I've also cut down from doing 30 minutes of exercise to just 15 minutes.

Recently I've actually stopped doing any exercises at all. I've been unwell and am not in the best condition to work out. I hope in a few weeks time I can get back to do at least some exercise into my routine. Maybe a lil light jogging? Or what I like to call it, wogging. Walking + jogging = wogging.

4. ORGANIZE GATHERINGS WITH MY BESTIES

This is the one of the few resolutions that was going on quite well consistently through this few months. Once I got the hang of the computer, I'll start putting up posts of all the gatherings that I've been to.

5. ORGANIZE GATHERINGS WITH MY FAMILY WHEN I HAVE THE CHANCE

Met up with my cousins in KL in June. Post coming up as well =)

My cousin, David left to study in US earlier this month. Didn't manage to do a get-together. Damn sad la =( But nemind la. We can always chat on whatsapp.

My daddy's side's relatives also came to visit us. But there were no pics taken coz they only hung out at our house. But yeah still had a gathering la.

6. MAINTAINING A STABLE MONTHLY INCOME

Was doing pretty well for all the months except for June. It dropped a little which was kinda worrying for me. I've not gotten the full income status for July and August. But I'm expecting it to be quite bad coz I've lost some income and also I've taken quite a lot of leave due to me being sick. Sigh...

7. SAVE UP TO MY TARGETED AMOUNT IN THE BANK- Not relevant yet. Have to wait till end of the year to see I've made it.

8. TAKE AND PASS MY GRADE 7 VIOLIN EXAM
In January I've registered for my exam and in April, the date of the exam has been confirmed. Exam was on the 4th of July. I had also passed it \(^^)/

Unfortunately I didn't manage to get into the merit zone =( Missed by a few marks. Dammit!!! But I'm glad I've passed. Now I only have the last grade to go. Woohoooooo~

This is the first resolution that I've officially struck off. Yay!!! I'm so proud of myself =) Now time to work harder on the rest la.

9. START TO PREPARE FOR MY PIANO DIPLOMA EXAM

I've started to play some pieces but haven't decide on the pieces yet. I'm planning to go to music stores to get some books from some composers I'm interested in trying out. Try out those and see if I found the repertoire that I want. Maybe I should go get some opinions from my tutor. I guess this means that I've started preparing right? I can sort of strike this off my resolution as well right?

I'm not sure tho if I'm going to take the exam anytime soon. With my schedule uncertain for the months to come, I think I'll probably see if I can plan for the exam in 2018...which is damn long summore. But I definitely hope I can take the exam and pass it in this lifetime.

10. TRAVEL TO ONE COUNTRY OVERSEAS

Singapore trip was cancelled =( Our Malaysian Ringgit is just too weak for us to travel to Singapore now la. So sad coz I wanted to visit my new nephew, Elijah (T.T). For now can only see him on Snapchat =/

We were planning another overseas trip. A trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary, couple anniversary, SR's birthday and my violin exam's result. It's a full celebration trip lolol. But like I said above, our schedules have totally changed and uncertain for now. We had to cancel our trip this year and also another family trip to the overseas next year. Sigh... totally had to "X" this off for now. But it's all good lah. We can safe the money and probably go for trips within Malaysia for now.

11. READ TWELVE BOOKS

For the past eight months, I've read seven books. My progress slowed down a lot if compared with the beginning of the year. My excuse was I was busy preparing for my violin exam and also my students' exam. But now that I've done with all the exams, I'll try to buck up as much as possible. One book per month is not that difficult mah right?

For recap purposes, here are the books that I've read...

  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (J.K Rowling)
  • Rapunzel: The One With All The Hair (Wendy Mass)
  • Catching Fire (Suzanne Collins)
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (J.K Rowling)
  • Warm Bodies (Isaac Marion)
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (J.K Rowling)
  • Me Before You (Jojo Moyes)


And here are the books that I'm reading as of now...

  • The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organising (Marie Kondo)
  • The Happiness Project (Rubin Gretchen)
  • String Attached
  • The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks)
  • 等一人。咖啡 (九把刀)

I just need five more books to complete my resolution la. I need to speed read like mad.

12. SUPPORT SOPRAPIT FOR THE WHOLE YEAR
I've transferred the money to her for March and April. But for now I've not transferred anymore coz I was too busy. I'll get it done soon lah of course.

I have exactly four months left to cross off all of my resolutions...minus one coz its not possible to cross off as of now. I really hope I can cross off more than half of it la coz like every year I've made a lot of resolutions but never really got to do it properly. But I'm glad this year I've made a lot of effort to make each resolutions happen. I'm very proud of myself for that. What I need to do now is to continue to push on for the last four months. How you guys doing for your resolutions? I hope everything is going well as well.

I will try to blog as much as possible coz honestly I've been slacking so much on blogging here. There was a time I was quite active on Dayre but I've slowed down as well when I started to get unwell. I'll try to update both platforms as much as possible la.

I'll see you guys in the upcoming posts.

See ya~

Comments