Skip to main content

What's In My Makeup Bag: KL edition

Recently I've taken a three days two nights short break in KL. So I thought I'll share with you guys what I've packed in my makeup bag. I think I'll be posting this type of "what's in my bag" sort of blog post regularly to show you guys what kinds of products I pack for different occasions and places I'm traveling to.



So let's get it started...

First of all, the makeup case that I've used for this staycation in KL is Victoria's Secret's Travel Case (pictured above). I think Victoria's Secret has discontinued this coz I can't seem to find it anymore on the website. It's huge so apart from makeup, I also stored my skincare products which I'm not showing in this post today. For my next trip, I'll probably do one which includes my skincare 😊

Alright let's now officially begin to see what's in my makeup bag...

1. April Skin Magic Snow Cushion

The base of my choice during any trips/staycations is a cushion coz of the easy application as mentioned *here* on my current makeup routine post. My favorite at the moment is this one by April Skin (available at Hermo, Althea and Zalora). Click on the links if any of you are interested to buy. Not sponsored or affiliated 😬)...also mentioned in the post above lolol. I'll probably be packing this for all my trips/staycations coz I just love how moisturizing the cushion is as compared to the rest of the cushions that I own. It dries down to a matte but the most comfortable matte I've ever had. It literally feels like nothing on my skin.

I'm using the shade 23 Natural Beige. I use the same shade 23 for all my cushions but only this is perfect for me while the others runs a bit too white.

2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer

I know I can skip concealers when I use a cushion but sometimes this auntie right here just need some extra coverage hehe. My dark eye circles are damn terrible 😱

I like concealers that is moisturizing and brightening. This one (available at Hermo, Watsons and Zalora) is exactly like that. Plus the application for this concealer is super easy. Just need to twist out the product and apply right on to my under eyes using the sponge on the concealer. Super convenient for traveling.

The shade that I'm using is medium btw.

3. Eglips Blur Powder Pact

I brought along this powder coz it is the smallest sized powder I have in my collection. I have not found a powder that I really like as of now. This powder (available at Hermo) is fine. It does what it's supposed to do but nothing fascinating lah. I'm still on the lookout for THE HG powder in my life. Wonder when nie I'll find it.

I'm in the shade 23

4. Benefit Hoola Bronzer

When I travel, I usually use a bronzer to warm up my face and to also contour. This is so that I can cut down on the products I need to pack. This mini Hoola bronzer (available at Hermo, Sephora and Zalora) is super mini and perfect for traveling. Plus it is one of my favorite bronzers 👍

5. Milani Baked Blush

I like a lot of blushes in my collection. So I just simply picked one up and threw it in my makeup bag for this trip. This Milani blush (not available in Malaysia currently. Sorry) is in the shade Corallina.

6. Catrice Face Glow Definer

I wanted to cut down on the number of brushes (which I'll talk about later in the post) so I chose a liquid highlighter. To be honest, this Catrice liquid highligher (Not available anymore coz it's limited edition) is not my favorite. It smells like paint and glow is just meh. I just decided to bring it to see if I'll change my mind about it. Well, I guess not.

From this pic, you can see that this liquid highlighter is the shade Golden Glow.

7. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

I currently have two eyeshadow primers. I alternate between both and during the time I was packing, it was this eyeshadow primer's (available at Sephora and Urban Decay official website) turn lol. But I do like it lah. Definitely one of my HG makeup products. I'm currently using the original version btw.

I brought two single eyeshadows instead of a whole palette coz I know I won't have the luxury of time to slowly pair up shades and blend each shade carefully. I brought Zyon along for this trip so I need to make my makeup simple and be done with ASAP. So I just brought one shade to put all over my upper and lower eyelids and one more shade to highlight the inner corners and brow bones.

On the left, we have Etude House eyeshadow, which I used as a highlight. On the right, we have Clio Prism Air eyeshadow, my all over eyelids shade.

This is the shade for the Etude House eyeshadow. I don't think I could link to this particular shade coz this eyeshadow is damn freaking old hahaha. I've decluttered it after this trip.

This is the shade for the Clio eyeshadow. Available at Althea if anyone is interested.

I've forgotten to swatch the eyeshadows this time. Next time for my other similar posts, I'll swatch the eyeshadows or whatever that is needed to be swatched.

8. K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner

I can't remember the exact shade name for this eyeliner (can't remember where I got this from so I couldn't look for the link where to get this) but it's in a brown shade. Usually when I travel, I opt for brown eyeliners instead of a black one. This is coz brown eyeliners look more natural and easier to create the no makeup makeup look. I generally only use liquid eyeliners on my eyelids coz I got used to liquid eyeliners. I don't think I can draw a nice line using a pencil liner.

9. Benefit They're Real Mascara

I love that I could purchase travel size products from Sephora...especially travel size of my HG products. This super mini size They're Real Mascara comes from a set (same set where I got my mini size Hoola bronzer but it is not available anymore. Similar ones available at Sephora, Hermo and Zalora). So happy to find it in the set coz I really cannot live without my They're Real mascara.

10. Benefit Brow Zings

I used to really love my Brow Zings until I lost touch with the product. I now prefer eyebrow pencils than this type of brow wax/pomade sort. But I brought this along to my trip coz I want to finish this up ASAP.

The shade that I'm using

Benefit had repackaged all of their brow products so you might not be able to find it in this packaging anymore. For the latest version of the Brow Zings, check out Hermo, Zalora and Sephora.

I would usually bring two lippies along when I travel. One nude shade and also one darker shade.

The dark shade lippie (top) is Revlon's Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor in Addiction (available at Hermo, Watsons and Guardian) while the nude shade is Nita Cosmetics' Matte Liquid Lipstick in Songket (Songket is currently out of stock but other shades of the Matte Liquid Lipstick are available on their official website *here*. Also available at Zalora and Fashionvalet). I actually didn't get to use the Revlon lippie coz I love the nude lippie too much hehe. I think I'll be getting more lippies from Nita real soon. Super love it. Review will come on soon-ish.

That's all the makeup products that I bring in my makeup bag. Now let's go into the tools that I bring along to help out with my doll up process. I try not to bring any tools but some times you just can't work without the help of 'em tools.

11. Real Techniques Buffing Brush

I use this brush (from a set of brushes. Available at Shins) from a  to apply my setting powder.

12. Sigma Large Angled Contour

I just got this brush (also from a set of brushes. Available at Sephora ) recently. Will be doing a haul soon at my dayre *here* with some others I'm still waiting in the mail. Even though it's a new addition to the family, I've been loving this as my contour brush. It has made contouring so much easier. So I had to bring it along for this trip.

13. Ecotools Bamboo Blush Brush

This brush (Available at Shins and iHerb) is obviously for blush lol.

I've brought along two eyeshadow brushes. One for each of the eyeshadows. The top brush is from my set of extremely cheap brushes which miraculously survived the years of use hahaha. The bottom one is Ecotools Bamboo (from a set. Available at Shins and iHerb) which is by far my most used brush in my collection.

This is the look that I've done with all the makeup and brushes that I've brought along. Basically the only look that I had for that three days lol.

I don't know if it obvious here but I love the shade of the Clio eyeshadow that I've used. I might totally get other shades...or even all the shades available #extra.

Alright that's all for today's post. Hope you guys enjoyed seeing what I've packed for my short excursion. I thought of recording down what I've packed so that I could look back and see how much I've changed in packing my makeup and also other stuff.

I'll be going for a trip next week so I'll probably post another "What's in my bag" post real soon. I'll probably do a few different posts dividing my makeup, skincare and also clothes that I've packed. That will probably up by mid December.

Next post is in planning stage right now but if you guys have any suggestions or what you wanna see on the blog, please comment down below. For now, I'll see you guys in the next post...which I hope it'll be up by next week if I can plan everything by today or even earlier if I'm hardworking 😬

Bubbye~ 😘

Comments