Skip to main content

February & March '18 Empties


Time for some empties!!!

I didn't have a lot to share in February so I decided to collect March's ones as well to put in a post. As usual I'll be giving a review of the products mention and then if I'll be repurchasing the product.

Let's get it started...

NYX MICRO BROW PENCIL

This is the first eyebrow pencil that I've ever tried. I gotta say I really love it. It's so easy to control as compared to brow wax or brow powder. But the color is a bit dark/pigmented lah. Have to make sure I do it with a light hand or else I'll look like Shinchan 😂

I want to repurchase it but it is currently sold out at both Hermo and Sephora. Don't know where else to get it for now. Will have to wait till they come back in stock lah I think. I can't remember the name of the shade that I got but I think it's called Brunette. I'm thinking to get a shade lighter tho coz I prefer having lighter brows.

COLOURPOP CREME GEL LINER IN MR. BING

None related but I just started watching FRIENDS and I now understand all the FRIENDS references!!! So funny!!! Sorry damn outdated hahaha.

Anyways I've been looking for a very good gel liner and finally found this!!! Mr. Bing is a brown gel liner that works so well on my waterline. I've already repurchased another one and will probably continue to repurchase it till it is discontinued.

But I'll have to say that I feel like only Mr. Bing is good. I've tried this gel liner in another shade and it smudges on me a little...which is damn sad lah coz that means that I haven't found my HG gel liner.

K-PALETTE ESSENCE IN SHADOWLINER IN PINK BROWN X NUDE PINK

K-Palette has the best liquid eyeliners out there in the J-beauty market. I've used so many different types of the eyeliners and none of them has failed me...including this one above. It is a pinkish brown that is very opaque. Last all day on my oily lids and doesn't smudge at all.

It is a dual ended eyeliner with one side being the liquid eyeliner and the other is the powder shadow. I've only used up the liquid eyeliner. Not a fan of powder shadows in this form so I didn't use it. I used it once or twice to highlight my inner corners. But it wasn't wow enough so I decided to throw it out after the liquid eyeliner finishes.

I'm damn sad to mention this but I will not be repurchasing this again coz K-Palette is not cruelty free. I've recently determined to change all my beauty products to cruelty free. So as good as this eyeliner is, I'll have to look for a cruelty free one to replace this. Damn sad but it's for the best lah.

INNISFREE NO-SEBUM MINERAL POWDER

This is my first ever setting powder. It does what it is supposed to do but nothing special lah.

Not repurchasing coz it is another non-cruelty free brand. Also I've found better setting powders lah.

COSRX CENTELLA BLEMISH AMPOULE

I got this coz I needed something to help with acne scars. Apparently this also helps with breakouts. But after using two bottles, I'll have to say that I felt like it did nothing. My acne scars did lighten but not as life changing as the reviews said. As for less breakouts, I don't think that it did anything at all to lessen my breakouts.

I'm not going to repurchase this. Mainly coz it didn't help out my skin lah. But also coz I wanna try other serums/ampoules.

COLOURPOP BROW BOSS BROW PENCIL IN LIGHT BROWN

Another eyebrow pencil that I really like. Both this Colourpop one and the NYX one that I've mentioned earlier are very similar to one and another. Same easy to control tip. But I prefer this because of the shade. Plus this is easier to purchase lah coz not always out of stock. But then again I'll have to look for another 7029719027203 items to hit free shipping lah 😂

Definitely gonna repurchase this. Need to look for other things to buy to hit free shipping first.

WET N WILD PHOTOFOCUS SETTING SPRAY

My favorite setting spray!!!

I've only used drugstore brand's setting spray so far and I'll have to say this is the best lah. The mist is fine and come out very evenly...except when it's finishing lah.

I've finished two bottles in the past two months. The bottle is damn small lah that's why. It's cheap (drugstore range) so I don't mind purchasing it over and over again. But I eventually wanna venture into high end setting spray to compare if high end ones are worth the hype...especially the Urban Decay's one.

COSRX ADVANCED SNAIL 96 MUCIN POWER ESSENCE

I'm always not sure if any skincare products actually works on me. As long as it doesn't break me out or if I have nothing against it, I'll keep buying it. This is one of those products lah. I've already repurchased and using that but I'm planning to switch to another essence by Cosrx after that finishes.

COSRX AHA/BHA CLARIFYING TREATMENT TONER

Yup another skincare product that I'm not sure if it works or not 😂 But for now I do like it and will repurchase it till I find something else that I wanna try out.

NEOGEN GAUZE PEELING IN WINE

My first time trying out a chemical exfoliant. It is really different coz you don't physically feel the exfoliant. The weird thing tho is that your skin looks clearer, brighter and smoother after using this.

I would love to repurchase this brand of chemical exfoliant but I'm thinking to try other flavors (?). I heard the lemon version is better than the wine one. Currently I'm trying out another type of exfoliator. Will buy this again when I finish that.

That's all for this empties post. I'm thinking maybe I'll be doing an empties post every two months. At least I'll have enough products to show in a post lah. Or else like one or two products nie for a month like damn weird lor. So you guys will probably see another of this type of post in June or so.

Alright thanks for reading today. I'll see you guys in a new post real soon. I've some posts in draft but couldn't post it up yet. It's either I don't have all the pics yet or I'm not done with it yet. Hopefully I'll be able to post up more posts before the month ends lah. This month I've not been posting enough I feel.

Ok lah. That's all for today. See you guys in the next post.

Bubbye~

Comments