Skip to main content

Hello baking my old friend...


Hello hello guys,

In case you guys didn't know yet, our country is under movement restriction for two weeks due to Coronavirus. It is also a school holiday week for me this week. Since I can't go out much (no reason to go out also), I have a lot of time. I decided to use this time to do some reorganizing, decluttering and also blogging. So that's why I am here. I'll try to do daily blogs as much as possible during this time.

BTW I was thinking to go back to Dayre so that I can still do daily updates of my life on the go but I'm still contemplating if it's worth paying for. I'll let you guys know about it at the end of my free trial.

So two days ago, I decided to bake....which is something that I've not done for awhile. I've already planned this before the school holidays started. I figured it'll be something fun to do with Zyon during the school holidays. Also coz I got a recipe from my church friend which I think would be great to try out.

SR took two days leave (which was supposed to be spent at a vacation but canceled due to Coronavirus) so I had a driver for more than the usual two days (during the weekend) hehe. Made him bring me to a baking supplies shop to get em ingredients.

Got the ingredients and got down to business right away when I reached home.

This little one is helping me to cream the butter

First prob we had was I forgotten to get sugar πŸ˜… and my house ran out of it as well πŸ˜…πŸ˜… So SR had to rush to the nearest grocery to get it for me 😘

While SR is gone, I made the little one line the muffin tin with cupcake/muffin sleeves... is that what it's called?

We continued on with our little project as soon as SR returned.

So the second prob arose as I started baking the muffins. The muffins just kept overflowing from their sleeves. They just overflowed till they dripped all over the muffins. I started asking around and googling for the problem. They didn't even look like muffins anymore when the timer for 22 minutes stopped.

Turns out I put in baking soda twice instead of both baking soda and baking powder. My other container of baking soda didn't have any labeling so I thought it was baking powder. The muffins were inedible at all. They tasted bitter af. I threw it away right away.

I wanted to try it out the next day (a.k.a today) but mum told me to not waste any time since I still have all the ingredients with me. Just need to ask SR to get baking powder nie. So after dinner, I got into it.

This dude only helped me at certain tasks this time. He told me: "妈妈,δ½ εšη»™ζˆ‘εƒε°±ε₯½δΊ†。ζˆ‘εΎˆη΄―δΊ†。" (Mum, just make it for me alright? I'm too tired to help) Wow! Just wow!

Looks pretty promising the second time

Actually the first time it looked pretty promising as well but it still failed hahahaha.

This definitely looked different the second time round. Instead overflowing it puffed up nicely πŸ’“πŸ§

Finally!!!!!

Look at em glorious muffins!!!

It's been so long since last baked and seeing these finally came out so perfectly made me so happy. Plus it tasted really really good. I would love to have more chocolate chips in them but well....

This lazy one loved it

So that was my baking adventure after not doing it for more than a year (I think). It was fun and super satisfactory but the aftermath...
I wish I have a dishwasher or any magical devices that would help me to clean up after me

Anyways I've found the mojo start baking again. Since we're being "locked-down" I'll be baking more often. Tomorrow I'll be baking again. It's a recipe I found on Pinterest. Let's hope it'll work as good as this one.

Alright that's all now. I'll update again tomorrow. See you guys then.

Bubbye~ 😘

Comments