Skip to main content

Gathering With The Angs

Another of my backdated event coz I didn't have something new to post up this week 😢 I was about to put these pics into my HDD but I think it's too memorable not to post it up lah...since my cousin and her family only visit the rest of us once a year. So here it is.

So my cousin, Viv resides in Singapore with her hubby and three kids in Singapore. She seldom visits coz her husband, Eugene travels a lot for his work and she couldn't handle her kids without him. So she plans annual trip to KL to see us and the rest of the Wong family.

Last year, she took a trip down with Eugene and her her kids, Ezekiel and Elijah. Baby Penelope was still in her tummy at the time and Zyon was also in mine lolol.

Oh if you are wondering which one is Viv, she's the second one from the right beside the little kid who is her son, Ezekiel.

From left: SR, Wen Feng (SR's brother), Elijah (Viv's 2nd son), Eugene, Viv, Ezekiel, Beulah, Jeremy, Ebbie, Becky, Me (with Zyon as a bump lol) and Wei Xian.

We had Japanese food coz everyone loves Japanese food πŸ’“

After dinner, we wanna have ice cream. Everything is closed when we finished dinner so the only place we could go to was McDonalds. So McFlurry it is!!!

Way to ruin a pic, bro in law lol

Another one he ruined *face palm*

I think he still ruined the pic but I'm gonna say this one is near perfection πŸ‘

We spent the night talking catching up and talking about our shared childhood. It has been years since we had such a big group of gathering so naturally there were many things to talk about.



This is my second time meeting Ezekiel and he has grown so much since the first time I saw him. He is so into dabbing at that moment. If you see carefully in all the photos, he's mostly doing the dab pose lol.


As for Elijah, this is the first time that I've met him coz the last time he was still in his mummy's belly. LOL seems like Viv is always pregnant when we meet.

He is one of the sweetest baby I've ever seen. Super friendly and looks at everyone so lovingly. As you can see here, Wei Xian is carrying him for the first time. Usually babies would scream when carried by a stranger. But Elijah just took a look at Wei Xian (more like intensely look at Wei Xian), then leaned on his face like Wei Xian is his favorite uncle in the whole wide world. Super duper cute lah πŸ’•

On the next day we met up with Viv again to meet my aunties and popo. Auntie Melinda made Viv and Eugene take an awkward photo like this to keep in her phone to safe as her phone contact hahahaha.

Jeremy (and also Auntie Melinda lah) got the kids some gifts and he instantly became Ezekiel's favorite uncle hahaha.

Elijah back then reminds me of Zyon right now. So chubbyyyy 🐷

After hanging out for some time at Auntie Melinda's house, we went over to visit popo.

In case you guys don't know, my popo is in a recovery home right now. When we visited her last year, she was bedridden. But right now she's more mobile in her wheelchair and occasionally she uses the tongkat (walking stick).

Popo was happy to see her granddaughters and their husbands coz you know we fly wtf hahahahaa. No lah. She's happy to see any of her family visiting lah. She's even happier to see her great grandchildren and knowing that two more are coming.


We spent some good time with popo. She was at a very low point back at this time. We encouraged her to get well soon so that she could come back and stay with either of us. We told her that she needs to come and make wine for our confinements coz popo's Fuchow rice wine is the best.

We left popo's place and brought Viv and her family back to the hotel. Said our byes coz next day she went back to Singapore. It was a short trip but I'm glad everyone made time to meet up lah. It is a once a year gathering so I guess everyone treasured it lah.

Last look at cute lil Elijah who looks so much older now since he's a koko now hehe

This year I'm not sure if Viv will be able to visit us d since Penelope's arrival (trust me I know it's not easy to travel with a baby), we've planned to take a road trip down to meet them this time. Plan has been made but the exchange rate had been pulling us back lol. But I'm sure we can still make it somehow lah.

Well, that's all for today's post. I'm already working on a new post which is actually taking more time than I expect. But it's about 90% done so I'm thinking it'll probably be up next week. So come back next week to check it out.

Alright then. I'll see you guys in the next post.

Until then...

Bubbye~

Comments