Skip to main content

Zyon: 5th- 11th month

I know I've promised that I won't be combining Zyon's monthly milestones updates ever again after the third-fourth month. But I guess I'm weak 😞 Haha no lah. I've underestimated how tiring motherhood can be. Whoever said the newborn stage of a baby is THE HARDEST STAGE is a liar. Zyon is no longer a newborn but I feel he is harder to handle than when he's a newborn.

When Zyon was in newborn stage and always sleeping, I wished he would wake up and play with me. But when he started sleeping less and clings on to me like koala, I get so damn stressed. I could literally do nothing when Zyon's awake coz he craves for all my (and my mother's) attention. Then when he is asleep, both mum and I would rushed to get our chores and work done before he wakes up. But the darn thing is he hardly sleeps an hour anymore. So we seriously RUSH everything.

The only time I'll be able to blog is after he sleeps...which is around 10pm. I am already exhausted to the max coz I've done a lot the whole day 😐Too tired to blog...or do anything else lah to be honest.

Nowadays the biggest challenge is that he has started walking. He's not 100% good at it yet so he's prone to falls and knocking his head/face to different surfaces. What mum and I need to do now is to follow everywhere he goes. My house is not that big but with him walking nonstop all over the place is darn tiring ok. I think I don't have to sign up for any gym to lose weight d. Follow him around the house is my latest workout lol.

Anyways here are the previous milestones updates that I've done previously: first month | second month | third and fourth month

So here are the updates on Zyon's milestones from the fifth month until recently. I won't be able to remember everything chronologically. But I'll try to post everything according to the months lah.

Oh my godddddd this was so long ago hahahahah.

Anyways, Zyon started holding his own bottle when he was five months. I remembered coz I noted this down. But at the beginning he wasn't holding it steadily yet lah. Still needed help to hold it properly.

He also started sleeping on his side

Zyon used to sleep no his back. But then at fifth month he suddenly decided to sleep on his side. Maybe he realized that the hair on the back of his head is not growing. So he wants to let the hair "breathe" and grow while he sleeps? πŸ˜‚

He also outgrew his lil bath basin. I think this is the second one he had outgrew. This is a great news coz it means that he has grown a lot lah kan?

Zyon started solids when he hits six months

Video of him attempting his first solids

I used to make fun of Isabelle (John's daughter) for being a θ΄ͺ吃婆 (greedy eater) coz she goes mam-mam-mam whenever she sees food. Guess whose son is like that now? πŸ˜…

*facepalm*

My little θ΄ͺ吃鬼 whenever he sees someone with food πŸ˜“

Zyon can also fully lie on his tummy at the sixth month. If I remember correctly, he started to slowly "crawl" around this month as well.

This also marks the beginning of his nonstop activity at night hahaha

He was so active that he rolled down the bed once in the sixth month. Not hurt but scare the hell out of us. From then on, we gave him a spot on the floor to call his own.

Met Tai Popo again (he did when he was just two months) in Zyon's sixth month. Tai Popo even held him πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Celebrated his first Mid-Autumn Festival. But I don't think he gets why we must walk around with the annoying lantern with music. Maybe a year later he'll have more fun haha.

At seven months, he encountered his first pet...well, not our own pet lah. The neighbor's cat also can lah kan haha.

I think it's safe to say that he likes animals just as much as mama 😻

Ooooh~ biggest highlight tho is that he started to crawl around the house...which also marks the beginning of our first headache coz we had to follow him around the house. If we weren't careful, he'll pull on wires or anything dangerous. He's doing just that in the pic. He's pulling on some wires in my study πŸ˜“

At the eighth month, Zyon got to experience facetime with mama coz mama abandoned him and went to Bangkok without him 😐

You have no idea how terrible I feel for leaving him #mamasguilt. But yay to technology, I was able to see and talk to him while I'm away πŸ’—

He also celebrated his first Christmas in December. So damn cute in his Santa's hat under the Christmas tree πŸ’“

Here I am trying to get Zyon into the spirit of Christmas but errrr... he doesn't seem like he's interested lol.

He also got baptized on Christmas Day alongside this baby girl who is only few weeks younger than he is.

Zyon basically did a lot of things at his eighth month lah. Such a busy month for him lol.

Zyon learned (or had not learned πŸ˜“) about giving mama some privacy when she's in the toilet πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Yes, I'm pooping when he came into the toilet to "greet" me πŸ˜‚

The story is I was pooping while he's sleeping in the room. When he woke up, he couldn't find me or my mum (mum was out) so he started crying. I quickly shouted out from the toilet that I'm in the toilet. He then decided that he wants to be with me in the toilet fml hahahahaha.

This happened when he was nine months.

Payback

When he poo poos, both mum and I sat around him watching him hahaha. Not that he mind pun.

He also started to hold his own food at nine months. Woohooo~ Don't have to feed him anymore. LOL~ No lah. Things like porridge and soup still need to feed lah.

He also started to speak like fragments of words at nine months. In this video, he said θ·Œε€’ε“¦ which means fall down in Mandarin. I think coz we always asked him to be careful not to fall down. So that's why he picked up the word. But recently he hardly says this word anymore.

Here's another one of him saying δΈθ¦ε•Š (don't want)...which is like his favorite word up until now lol...

One of the noisiest thing Zyon picked up during his 10th month is shrieking when he's happy...as seen her in this video. Very cute but too loud lah. Also you can hear his weird laughter in the video hahaha.

He seems to show interest at the piano and other musical stuff. I've been playing piano and violin for him (since he's in the tummy) but he didn't really like it. Like full on cry whenever I play the violin. Glad that he's showing some interest in them lah. I'll be slightly disappointed if he didn't tbh.

Weird sleeping habits developed in the 10th month as well. He likes to sleep with his body on the mattress and legs out on the floor...or the other way around hahahahah. He also likes to sleep in between mattresses (mine and his). I don't know why he likes that coz it's hella uncomfortable imo.

Zyon met Zahraa for the first time. The Zs had met now hahahahah

 
Zyon also met Aiden for the first time and had some fun together during Chinese New Year. Looks so damn cute together lah. More photos and videos coming up when I post about CNY.

Speaking of Chinese New Year, Zyon enjoyed his first CNY and definitely earned quite a lot of moolahs for being cute wtf hahahahahah. I'm not even kidding ok? People were like "Oh so cute this baby. Here's an angpow for you." Hahahahahahaa.

Zyon learned how to walk around the house with the help of household items. Like I captioned in the video, can save money on walkers d wahahaha. Apart from the vacuum (which was out coz it's spring cleaning season at home during his 10th month), he also likes to walk around while pushing chairs.

He also went to meet Ai Wei's baby (sorry forgot his name lol) at the confinement center. Doesn't understand what a baby is and nearly sat on the baby hahaha. It's okay coz he'll learn more about them soon coz there are lots of babies coming soon (not mine lah lol).

Brought him to the playground/park near my house for the first time and he enjoyed it. I should probably take him to the playground/park more often.

When I was pregnant with Zyon, I was sort of in that Pokemon Go craze so I've collected some Pokemon stuff. My most prized item has got to be an authentic vintage Pikachu from Japan that my cousin gave me. Now I've passed it down to Zyon...whether he likes it or not lol.

Turns out he really doesn't like it hahahahahah

But recently, he started to show interest in it...
He even sleeps with the Pikachu on his bed at night now.

Now I'll have to make him like the Snorlax that his papa got for him from Bangkok and also teach him how to throw a Pokeball (yes, we have one) at the Pokemons lol.

That's about all the stuff that happened in the previous seven months lah. There are probably more lah but I don't want this post to be like a million years long lol. Also I want to get this up ASAP before he turns one...which is happening THIS WEEKEND!!!! So excited for my baby

I'm not sure when I'll update his milestones next. Maybe next month? If I'm not too busy or lazy (mostly lazy actually hahahaha) lah I hope. Or else it'll probably be a compilation of months again like this. Whatever it is I will update his milestones whenever I can (ideally each month) coz this will be a record for me and hopefully for him in the future.

We won't be doing any grand celebrations for his birthday but we will bringing him for a short trip. But we will probably get a small cake and do some candle blowing thingy. Have to somehow celebrate lah kan? Or else he won't know what a birthday is.

I will be posting up special posts about him to commemorate his birthday...one of which will be his milestones at the end of April. Another one, I'm still planning the content. Other than that, normal content will go on as usual.

Alrighty then. I'll see you guys in the next post.

Bubbye~

Comments