Skip to main content

Pizza



Please bear in mind that I'm not a great cook but I try to make food that is edible for my family lah 😂 I randomly thought it would be a nice thing to make pizza for the family. So I just went to buy all the things I need and got into it.

First of all, I made the sauce from scratch. I copied the recipe from Pinterest but I can't remember which pin it is. Stupid me forgotten to save the pin. Thank god I've remembered to copy the recipe down in my cooking book.

So first, you will need four cloves of garlic that is coarsely chopped. You can use the food processor for this but I didn't have one. So I chopped it up on my own.

If you are not a fan of garlic (like myself) you can use less garlic coz when I followed the recipe, I felt like the garlic taste overpowered the tomato taste. I don't really like that. But if you don't mind that, you could follow exactly.

Next add a can of whole or diced tomatoes. Remember to drain the tomatoes coz if you didn't the sauce will be super watery... like what happened to mine lah.

The rest of the ingredients are one teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. 2 tablespoons of olive oil, one teaspoon of sugar, 3/4 teaspoon of salt. I didn't have any ground black pepper but you can add some to taste.

After that just puree the sauce it's done and ready to be used.

Now for the pizza part. The toppings are all up to you but here are what I picked...
mushrooms coz I loveeeeeeee em 🍄🍄

and bacon coz bacon is life hahaha

I only put these two toppings coz I didn't know what else to put. I also put onion but only to half of the pizza coz I don't like onion as well haha. Next time I'm gonna look for inspiration at Domino's website before making any pizzas.

I didn't make my own crust this time (I'll definitely try to make it the next time) so I bought the ready made one from Mission. Got the wholemeal one coz gotta act like I'm healthy hahaha.

The crust actually look more like pita than pizza crust but not bad lah. The end product felt like those thin crust pizzas.

This is when I realized my sauce is too wet. Coz it made my whole crust feel soggy. But worry not coz after going into the oven, it was okay d.


Throw on the toppings

Put on as much cheese as the pizza crust can fit 😂😂😂 Forgot to mention these cheese earlier on. Bought a packet of pizza cheese which I think is mozzarella.

This is after baking everything in the oven. Can't remember how long it was coz this was too long ago hahahahahaha

The whole family loves it. But they were hoping that there were more different types of topping. Never mind lah. Still got chance to make it next time.

Alright that's all for a short one this week. Only managed something short like this coz it's going to be a busy week.

Anyways I have something to announce. I'll be starting a new job next month. I'll be working from 9am-5pm from now on. After that I'll continue with my music teaching. I'm not sure how busy I will be and also how my posting schedule will be. I will see how it goes in January. Then I'll decide how the schedule. I'll let you guys know once I've decide.

About my job, I would like to keep in private at the time being. When I'm ready to tell you guys about it, I'll definitely blog about it. But I am super excited to start a new job. Even though it's not very different from what I am doing now, yet there are still new things I have to learn from scratch. Looking forward to start in 2 January.

Since I still have a lot of the pizza sauce left, I sometimes spread it on bread, throw on some cheese and put it in the toaster. Super yummy. Now I've finished the cheese so I've not been using the sauce. This post reminded me that I should go check if the sauce spoiled or something. Gonna buy some cheese and do this again hehe.

Alright I'll see you guys next week hopefully. Not sure if I'll be busy or not but I think I'll be able to post up something lah.

See you guys then. Bubbye~ 😘

Comments