Skip to main content

Muar Edition Jalan Jalan Cari Makan


In one of my Throwback Thurdays, I've talked about visiting Muar for makan. Read about it *here* That was last year (how fast time passed 😱) btw. This year we decided to go to Muar for makan again. But this time we brought Zyon.


 Us with our freshly dyed hair hehehe

Waited for Zyon to wake up so that we could leave for Muar.

We went back to my in laws' place first coz wanna pick up some stuff. But both SR and I slept off pulak lol.

In the end when we left he slept off again hahaha

Trip down was just 45 minutes from my in laws' place. My friends thought that we were driving damn fast. The truth is we were damn lucky to have green light at all the traffic lights. Also there weren't many cars lah.

Reaching our first makan spot

The Hungry Nest 貳鸟ηͺ
37-3(B4) Lorong Haji, Jalan Ibrahim, 84000 Muar, Johor

The Hungry Nest is known for their healthy food. They use healthier options to make their meals and desserts.

πŸ‘Ά

I can't remember the exact name of this cake but it is a lemon cake. Similar to Starbuck's lemon slice but wayyyyyyy nicer.

Dragonfruit yogurt πŸ˜‹

SR ordered lychee yogurt but it wasn't as good as mine.

This!!!!

Miso sesame sauce angel hair spaghetti was super yums. Thank god SR and I shared one. I don't think we will be able to eat anything else if each of us had one dish.

We left The Hungry Nest and went to another area to explore. Saw this mural that was on the news. Super pretty and realistic. That little girl in front looks so much like Umie's daughter, Zarith.

We went to the new Muar Cultural Walk at Jalan Meriam. It was very short, overly crowded (not baby friendly) and not as impressive as our Jonker. The food was not very impressive as well tbh. We left after like 10 minutes lol.

But if you are interested, here is the address...
Muar Cultural Walk ιΊ»ε‘ζ–‡εŒ–θ‘—
Jalan Meriam, Pekan Muar, 84000 Muar, Johor

The next place we went to is Dataran Tanjung Emas. There's nothing to eat here wtf. It is a recreation park by the Muar River. We came here to kill some time before going to our next makan spot.

Dataran Tanjung Emas
Jalan Peteri, Taman Sri Tanjung, 84000 Muar, Johor

Zyon got super excited the moment we got to Dataran Tanjung Emas. I just put him down and he ran off like that. Super duper cute 😍



Sheerin bought a bottle of bubbles and tried making Zyon chase after it. He was actually super afraid of the bubbles. It was just my extraordinary skills my luck to able to capture these pics of him "having fun".

We went to walk along the Muar River as well

But it's not very safe for babies lah. They didn't have railings along the river. So easy to fall into the river. I bet the river is pretty deep lor.

Other than that, this is a very nice place to spend during the weekends lah. I wish there is somewhere similar to this near my in laws' place. At least I have places to bring Zyon to other than the mall.

Love this view especially

We went to a food court for our next makan session. I forgotten the name of the food court so I couldn't put down an address for you guys. We didn't stay long at the food court anyways. Zyon's eczema prone skin couldn't take the heat condition of the food court. So we just ate some stuff and quickly move to the next place.

But I have to mention this from the food court!!! You know there's oyster omelet/oh jien (θšη…Ž)right? Well this is oyster mushroom omelet/gu jien (θ‡η…Ž). It's so good. Totally different from the western mushroom omelet. It's like the vegetarian version of the oyster omelet. Definitely one of the things I'll eat again if I'm back at Muar.

Last place we gone to is After Samps. Forgotten to take a pic of the cafe coz I was busy tending to Zyon. Here's the address anyways...
After Samps
Pusat Perdagangan Mega, Muar, Johor

We didn't eat anything at After Samps coz we are super full by now. The Lee sisters did recommend the waffle but we really couldn't stuff anything in any more. Maybe next round?

We ordered two of their signature drinks. On the left, SR's Samps' Signature and on the right, my Hana Yuzu. SR didn't really find Samps' Signature very special. It was just latte with extra espresso added. But Hana Yuzu was really good. It's a very refreshing grapefruit juice with lots of mint and lime.

We left Muar at around 11pm. Zyon KO-ed and slept all the way home and all the way till the next morning. We were afraid that he would get nightmares. Usually after a whole day out he'll have nightmares and cry the whole night when he wakes up suddenly. This time he slept through which was great lah.

Out of all the places that we've gone to (during this trip and the previous one), my personal favorite is Cafe 1988. I wanted to return there this time but they are under renovation to extend the cafe. They reopened just yesterday and that can only mean one thing... I'm going back to Muar soon hehehe.

Alright that's all for today's post. I'm on fire recently with posting up new stuff. Are you guys proud of me? Will probably draft a new one right after this one. Hopefully one more post will be up during the weekend.

I'll see you guys in the next one then.

Bubbye for now 😘

Comments