Skip to main content

Part 4

I've told u guys that I would talk about a retail store which goes by the name: KLAN rite?

This post was supposed to be Part 4 for the Melaka Trip (260607) but 'ngam-ngam' pulak its about us, three, going to klan (yes, its in small 'k'. don't ask why). So can talk about this store lor.
Esther and my sexy back walking to klan



I dunno if u guys heard bout klan. But just to let ya all know, klan is situated very near to Mahkota Parade. A few minutes walk and you will come to this store. Those who is interested to go there, please ask me lah. I will tell you. I'm kinda bad at writing out directions but I can say it out quite well. Err~ I think so lah. Haha!

Oh! I just realized that I have the address...

G-21, Jln PM4, Plaza Mahkota, 75000 Melaka.

I don't know got use not lah i give ya all the add. Haha!

Anyways, Joe Tribe, who is the owner and the founder of klan, bukak this shop as a street wear store. It sells t-shirts, pants, trucker cap, sneakers, bags & pouch, accessories, collection toys. And they also provide body piercing, DJ class, graffiti art and graphic design.

And they started a clothing brand known as TRIBE. If you come to Melaka, u will see many young farts wearing their line. (that's the reason why I don't wear my TRIBE baju at melaka...hehe!)

I used to come klan every week on Tuesdays, before my tuition. One reason to lepak and buy earrings to add to my collection. The other was because the salesgirl there was my high school senior. Go there and 'bat' with her. Haha! She taught lots of things bout piercing and tattoos. She was also the model for TRIBE (err~ and so was my cousin...eee~ think of him also geli. Haha!)

After a few years, klan became very successful. More and more people bought their TRIBE t-shirt (including myself and a whole buncha people I know). They also organized a lot of different events like graffiti competition lah... err~ got lots lah. I tak ingat lah.

Their graffiti was really good. You can see their works all over Melaka. It's for real. And guess what? They are given rights to do it. I read in the newspapers that the Melaka government thinks that they are beautifying Melaka and not doing an act of vandalism. So they are totally allowed to do their thing anywhere they like. (Is this news correct? If anyone found me wrong, please correct me) your state can do this arh? Haha! Mine can leh...

Here are some of their works:
At Jonker Street

At Dataran Pahlawan megamall...

Outside their store

Their business flourished and two err~ not exactly branches lah. Two more shops were opened. One was tribe da boutique and the other, tribe the houz.

tribe da boutique, which was opened at DP mega mall, sells mostly TRIBE t-shirts and a few other TRIBE accessories. There's where I bought my beautiful rose ring.

While tribe the houz is a chill out bar. And the special thing about tribe the houz is its terms and conditions...
1) for LADIES, VIP members & non-Muslim only. –realize that GENTLEMEN are not allowed?2) No slipper & short pants-cannot go there all selekeh3) 18 years old and above-you gotta be a legal person to go there.

I basically have not been there lah. But here are the photos I've got from the postcards at Klan:

Look nice right?

They have special mix of music for each night...Sunday till Tuesday. Monday is closed. I'm still not very sure bout the special mix of music for each night is what. Will go there one day and ask them lah. Their DJ is good. I heard them once at some party...can't remember what lah. But he's really good. Galfrens, lets go there lah one day. Don't lah go some lame bar call Sunshine can?

I really like the whole concept of klan and the other shops under tribe. I don't know why. maybe I was into street wear lor. so I decided tht I must make people go to this three shops no matter what. And I don’t need no credit for advertising them. I will just help them advertise for free coz I like their store so much.

I had their official website link somewhere in my laptop. But I couldn't get it lah coz my laptop is somewhere else. Next time nie I give you people the link and you can go check out the more details at their website.

Before I leave, here are some photos Esther, Li Shan and I took outside of klan. Damn nice graffiti art there. You guys could go there and take photos too. Their walls are always different coz they constantly do new stuff to the wall.

A very scary graffiti art but Li Shan liked it

Esther and a piggy graffiti art

Another photo of Esther

Doesn't she always take photo that look like some model's photo shoot? Benci betul!!!

Esther and i...NG version and perfect version

Li Shan and i...NG and perfect
 
Imperfect group photos but I looked pretty in both photos. Don't you think? Haha!

That's all...

Bubbye...

Comments