Skip to main content

April - July '18 Empties

I haven't update an empties for god knows how long 😒 This post is going to be super duper long coz I've accumulated so many products over the few months.

Let's jump right into it...
First up, this cleanser

I've not changed my cleanser for many years coz I was afraid that changing my cleanser would cause breakouts. But this one is very similar to the one that I've been using. No breakouts or tightness after using it. It's a mild gel cleanser with no fragrance added. Even though it's called Good Morning gel cleanser, it can be used morning and night. No idea to why they put "good morning" in the name lah tbh.

I'm planning to repurchase this when I finish the cleanser that I'm currently using and I think it's going to be my go to cleanser from now on. Best thing is Cosrx is cruelty free so I don't have to look for a cleanser to replace this one.

Next we have this one from Daiso which is a holy grain of many. Nothing much to say about it except it's my holy grail too. It's a no fuss brush cleaner that helps me clean my brushes till it's 100% spotless (except for my foundation brush which needs more work lah) and it's so damn cheap too. Will keep purchasing this till they discontinue it but I hope they will not lah.

A sample from Hermo

Hmmm... not very memorable tbh. Won't be getting the full size coz I don't feel like I need it. Also never hear of reviews about it that made me wanna try the full size one.

This is a baby size of Tarte's Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer that I from Sephora

My holy grail The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying moisturizer finished and I tried this to see if it can work as a morning moisturizer before purchasing a new one of my holy grail. Turns out I love this too. It's a thick gel cream which I thought was not suitable for morning. But my skin drinks it up immediately and leaving a nice soft skin to the touch. If I ever wanna switch to another moisturizer when I got sick of the holy grail, I'll definitely purchase this.

Finally saying good buy to my favorite K-Palette Brown liquid liner. Not gonna purchase again even though its my holy grail coz it's not cruelty free.

Haven't really found a replacement for a good brown liquid liner but I can live without brown liquid liner for the time being. So for now there's no need to do a purchase of brown liquid liners.

I didn't finish the black version of the K-Palette liquid liner but I decided to bin it

The reason why I had to bin it is coz the brush tip became like that. I can't even draw a precise line anymore.

Just like the brown liquid liner, I am not going to repurchase this liquid liner anymore. Fortunately I've found an alternative to this liquid liner. So I'm not too sad to not being able to buy this anymore.

This is my hair mask that I've been trying to finish for so damn long. Finally finished it 👍

I love this hair mask coz it managed to save my super damaged hair to somewhat healthier looking. But I won't be purchasing it coz Matrix isn't cruelty free. Looking for a good one that is cruelty free. Probably gonna try something from Ouai or The Body Shop.

I've talked about this in my recent haul post *here*. Managed to finish it real fast coz I ran out of soap lol.

I like that it's lavender scent but other than that it has no difference with other shower gel. No intention to buy coz 1) don't know where to find it 2) I prefer to use bar soap nowadays.

Another gel moisturizer sample that I've finished up. This tho I'm not really a fan. So not gonna purchase the full size.

I've finished this quite long ago so I don't remember how I like or dislike this product. But I'm very sure I'm not going to repurchase this coz I prefer another essence/ampoule.

This essence tho I like. Since it's snail essence, it's sticky but watery and easy to work with. After the skin has absorbed the product, there's no sticky residue which is great. This one I'm planning to repurchase after trying out one other essence from Cosrx.

This one I didn't finish but it dried out so had to bin it. I won't be repurchasing this coz Etude House's cruelty free status is unclear right now. Might do more research on it before I decide if I'll purchase anything from them...which is a shame lah coz I love Etude House. For now I'll look for an alternative brow tint from other brands.

Totally emptied out the Naruko sunblock by cutting open the product. It's not a pretty nice product. It doesn't leave a white cast but I wished the consistency was more watery. Price point tho is great for anyone on a budget. I'm trying out another sunblock for now. After comparing with this one then I'll decide if I'll repurchase this.

Last item is from my Project Pan which is the Revlon foundation. I had to bin it coz it broke after dropping it 😞 I was pretty sure I was able to finish it this year but too bad lah. Well at least I finally decluttered this foundation lah coz it's damn fucking old. I definitely won't be repurchasing this coz 1) don't like the foundation as much as I do last time 2) Revlon is not cruelty free.

Well that's all for this time's empties. After finishing the post, I feel like there aren't really many products that I've emptied. Some of them I didn't even finish up but had to bin it due to some reasons.

I hope to post up another empties in two months coz I've actually started to accumulate two items in my basket again. Now that Zyon is sleeping in my room, he'll go dig out the things in the basket and hide them at various places *facepalm* so I better post it up and bin it before the things go missing hahaha.

Last week I was busy with family duties coz there was a long weekend and SR was back for a break. I didn't manage to blog a lot. This week I hope I'll be able to post one or two posts (not including this one) before my family go off for a short break during the weekend. Not sure if I'll be able to but I'll try.

Alright lah. See you guys in the next post which I hope I'll be able to put up tomorrow. Do come back if you have the time.

Bubbye for now 😘

Comments