Skip to main content

One week one palette: Colourpop Unfinished Business


Second week of one week one palette 😊

The second week's palette is Colourpop's Unfinished Business

This palette doesn't come in a case. Instead it comes in individual pressed powder shadows. But since it is marketed as a palette, I kept it together with my other small palettes (palettes with 10 or less shades) in a magnetic case.

The palette has six shades...
(from left to right) Two Birds, Fortune Cookie, Koi, Lucky You, Facet and Roundhouse

Two Birds- metallic vibrant warm gold
Fortune Cookie- matte vibrant hot red
Koi- matte soft warm orange
Lucky You- matte warm pink
Facet- matte deep red brown
Roundhouse- matte cool black brown

On the website, Unfinished Business is described as...
...fall shadows...from warm tones to a dramatic kick of red

Since there are six shades, I was sure I could use each shade for at least once for the week. But turns out I didn't use it for full six days coz I went few days without makeup coz I kept getting migraine (hello migraine season). But still managed to create four looks that I really like.


Day One- Tuesday


This week I tried putting my eyeshadows higher than usual so that even when my eyes are opened, people can still see the different colors of eyeshadows I have on. Not sure if I'm successful or not lah.

Shades used: Roundhouse (in the outer corners), Two Birds (all over the lids and bottom lids) and Lucky You (brow bone highlight)

Another day of being able to blend two eye shadows nicely.

Day 2- Wednesday


Shades used: Facet (in the crease), Two Birds (all over upper and bottom lids) and Lucky You (brow bone highlight)

It was workout day but don't know why I was so inspired to use more than one eyeshadow lol.

Day 3- Thursday

Oh gosh I had too much blush on

Shades used: mixture of Two Birds and Koi

Another workout day but I accidentally overdone it 😂

Day 4- Saturday


Shades used: Fortune Cookie (crease), Facet (crease and bottom lids), Two Birds (all over eyelids) and Lucky You (brow bone highlight)

This day I went all out with my eyeshadow coz I was attending my church's anniversary dinner. This look was inspired by makeupbytreenz. Found the pic on Pinterest when I was looking for inspiration.

So these are the four looks that I've done over the week. Even though it's just four looks but I've used up all the shades in the palette. TBH I love all the looks that I've created with the palette. By the looks I've created tho you guys could probably tell which shade is my favorite hahaha.

Now let me lay down what I love and what I'm not loving about the palette...

Loves 💓
  • very versatile: can create dramatic glamorous looks or simple daily looks
  • has many matte shades: five in total
  • super pigmented
  • eyeshadows last all day
  • eyeshadows are easy to blend
  • Koi and Two Birds are love
  • create bright colorful looks
Not So Loves 😕
  • there is transition shade in the palette that I would use daily (I prefer a light brown sorta transition shade)
  • no shimmery inner corner shade
  • not a fan of Lucky You (had to use it as my brow bone highlight every day coz there's no other shade suitable for the job)

I love the palette but if compared with my other palettes, it's not something that I would use every day...even though I can create simple daily looks with it. I think the real reason I love it is coz of Koi and Two Birds lah. The rest of the shades, I'm like meh. With that said, I am going to rate this palette ★★★☆☆. But for Koi and Two Birds only, I'll give it a 5/5 lol. Not gonna repurchase if it ever runs out. Just gonna purchase Koi and Two Birds nie. For those interested, all shades are available in singles except for Lucky You.

Another one week one palette down 👍 This week I'm working on a 10 pan eyeshadow palette. Not sure if I can use all shades in one week tho. Might have to overlap with the next palette till the week after I supposed. Still not sure lah. See how it goes.

Alright that's all for today. Next post will be up in a few days so stay tuned.

See you guys then.

Bubbye~ 😘


Comments