Skip to main content

One Week One Palette: Etude House Play Color Eyes Wine Party


Sorry I've been slow at posting my one week one palette. I was busy these two weeks coz of break and family traveling. But I've still been consistent with using one palette per week. Except one week. I was using my Project Pan eyeshadows for that week.

Alright let me quickly catch up with the posts that I missed out.


Palette of the week is from Etude House and from the Play Color Eyes series. They have quite a few different palettes from the series. I have two of them and for this particular week I'm using the Wine Party one.

There are ten shades of eyeshadows ranging from mattes, satins, shimmers and glitters

Gonna label the names on my swatches from now on

Camembert & Brie- white- pink tone base color
The Last Leaf- pinky- dark brown shade
Oak Barrel- matte brown shade
Wine Cork- neutral brown beige shade
Rose Sparkling Holic- glitter- base shimmery with gold and pink pearl
Marathon- pink brown base with shimmery gold and pink pearl
Wine Burgundy- deep burgundy shade
Soulmate- vivid wine shade
Dress Code: Bling- gold glitter shade
Bordeaux Wine- purple shade

This palette is described as a...
palette reflecting deep, rich wine colors...to deliver various looks

For this palette, I managed to create five looks coz there are two days of makeup-less days.


Day One- Tuesday


Shades used: Oak Barrel (in crease), The Last Lead (outer corners), Rose Sparkling Holic (all over eyelids and lower eyelids), Camembert & Brie (brow bone highlight)

Typical look on the first day coz I always have time to blend two shadows together on this day.

Day Two- Wednesday


Shades used: Marathon (all over upper and lower eyelids), Camembert & Brie (brow bone highlight)

Simple makeup for workout day

Day Three- Friday


Shades used: Oak Barrel (crease shade), Wine Burgundy (all over eyelids), Marathon (lower eyelids) and Camembert & Brie (brow bone highlight)

The lighting indoors is damn bad 👎 I've also used Stila's Shimmer & Glow as my liner. I came to realize that I don't really like lighter eyeliners like that. So I probably won't be doing this type of look again.

Day Four- Saturday


Shades used: Oak Barrel (crease), Soulmate (outer corner), Dress Code: Bling (all over eyelids), Marathon (lower eyelids), Camembert & Brie (brow bone highlight)

Day Five- Sunday


Shades used: Oak Barrel (crease), Soulmate (crease), Rose Sparkling Holic (all over eyelids), Marathon (lower eyelids) and Camembert & Brie (brow bone highlight)

Out of the five looks that I've done, my least favorite has got to be the Friday's one. However even though I like the other looks that I've done, I feel like they look very much the same. Just as described, the eyeshadows are deep and rich wine shades but I don't think there were many varieties of looks created.

Now for the loves and not so loves...

Loves 💓
  1. Palette is very compact and great for traveling. The mirror's size is pretty good as well.
  2. Has almost everything I need to create a look: transition shade/crease shade, all over eyelids shade, outer corner shade and brow bone highlight.
  3. The satin shades are gorgeous.
  4.  Love the shade, Marathon.
  5. The eyeshadows are sheer but build-able to a certain intensity.
Not so loves 😖
  1. Rose Sparkling Holic is a gorgeous glitter shade but it has a weird texture on the pan. Seems like it has locked itself in the pan
  2. Wine Cork is too cool tone for my liking.
  3. No shimmer shade suitable for my inner corners.
  4.  Can only create reddish/fall themed look.
  5. Fallout is terrible!!!!
 What I mean by weird texture/locked in the pan for Rose Sparkling Holic

I was super excited being able to purchase the palette but after using it for a week, I have to be honest and tell you that I'm uber disappointed by it. Mainly coz the limited variety of looks I can create. All the looks just look too red or too dark for my liking. For that I am going to rate it ★★☆☆☆. I won't be repurchasing this coz Etude House's cruelty free status is pretty unclear at the moment. But even if a cruelty brand has something similar, I don't think I'll be purchasing it as well.

Alright that's all for this one week one palette. I still have one more palette to talk about but I think I'll just move it till next week to talk about it lah. I guess all the palettes from now on will be up a week late. Unless if I'll be able to catch up lah.

Ok that's all for today. Catch you guys in the next one real soon.

Bubbye~ 😘

Comments