Skip to main content

Golden Girls Project Pan: Update 1


One month has gone by so quickly!!! Time for the first update (Introduction over *here*). To be honest, I know there will not be a lot of progress. But sometimes I surprise myself every time I do an update. So let's see how I do.

Gold eyeshadow in Lakme 9to5 Eye Quartet in Tanjore Rush (Golden Girl- something gold)

During the introduction


This month

I'm not sure if it's visible but I've made quite a good dent in the eyeshadow. Not pan yet tho. I've been using it almost every day for the whole month. I wanted to see if it's possible to pan it in a month but I guess not. Let's see how long it'll take to really hit a pan from now on.

Hello Kitty Organic Series Hand Cream in Garden Rose Scent (Rose- something rose themed/sweet/silly)


I was wondering how was I going to measure my progress since there is not way I could see how much is left. Then I thought about weighing the hand cream.

I decided to weigh it every month when I update

I didn't weigh it the first time during the introduction. So we'll base the next update on this lah k?

This month: 37g

I do wanna say tho I've used this twice for this whole month. Not a whole lot but at least I've started using hand cream again. Let's hope there will be more progress in the next month.

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Eau De Parfum (Blanche- something that makes you feel sexy/sexy packaging)

Again sorry if it's not clear. I'll try to take pics with better lighting in the next update. During the first update, I was at the top of the black line that I've marked. Now it's at the bottom of line. I've stopped using other perfumes (I've three others in my collection) and using this exclusively for the whole month but not every day lah. I feel like that's not a lot of progress. I'll try to remember using it every day to see it'll have more progress in the next update.

Tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint in Rosé (Sofia- a sample sized product/older product in your collection)

I don't see any progress after one month but I feel like there's not much product left in the tube. I kept digging but there's like nothing left in it...even though it's my first time using it in the past month.

It looks very dry in the tube. I'm thinking to remove the stopper at the top. Maybe I'll be able to see if the product is dried up or something. Also it'll be easier to see the amount of product left imo.

Colourpop Pressed Powder Shadow in Koi (Miami themed- bright pinks, greens, blues, yellows, tropical, colorful)

 During introduction

This month

I used this shade twice I think. Not much progress as we can all see. Hopefully in the coming months I'll be able to use it more.

Juvia's Place's The Zulu eyeshadow palette (Big Daddy- something that intimidates you)


There isn't any progress with any of the eyeshadows yet coz I've not touched the palette through out the whole month. But I did decide on which eyeshadow I'm going to try to pan in the palette.

There is no shade names for the eye shadows in the palette. To make it easier for you guys, I've marked (with a lil cute ghost sticker hehe) which eyeshadow I'm going to pan. This shade is pretty wearable daily so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to use it more than the other shades in the palette.

I'll try to use the other shades in the palette as well even though I've picked a shade to pan. I think pops of color once in a while is quite doable and fun too.

Too Faced Sweet Peach eyeshadow palette (Cheesecake!- something in sweet packaging or smells sweet)


Just like The Zulu palette, I've also not made any progress but I've decided which eyeshadow to pan for this palette. I am going to pan the shade White Peach, which is a white matte eyeshadow. I think it'll be easy to pan. I'll be perfect for my eyebrow highlight. I've previously pan quite a few eyebrow highlight shades coz I use them every single day. So I think this will be an easy job lah.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (Stan The Man- product that you have a love/hate relationship with)

I think I've used it once so it didn't have any difference. I have no strategy as to how am I going to pan this. I'm just going with the flow nie. I plan to look for videos and blog posts on how people use this. I mean I know it's great for eyeshadow base but for me, I feel the shade is tad too white for me to work as an eyeshadow base. So I'm gonna look for alternative ways to use this.

For this first month, I'll have to say that the progress of hitting goals is going way too slow. Only two items shown great progress while others are pretty static. I think I'll have to work harder on the second month.

I kinda regret that I picked a lot of "summery" shades for the eyeshadows. Even though we don't have seasons in Malaysia but I base my eyeshadow looks around the seasons of other countries. I feel like the eyeshadows I picked couldn't go with the fall vibe that is going around right now. But I'll try my best to turn them into more fall and all the seasons that is coming up. I think by February the eyeshadows won't have any probs d. I'll be able to use "summery" colors once it's Chinese New Year season.

Alright that's all for this update. Let's see how I do in a month's time. Hopefully more progress than now.

I'll see you guys in the next post which I hope to go up by tomorrow.

Till then...bubbye~

Comments