Skip to main content

Muo 2D1N


I've mentioned that I went to Muar with my jimui, Jacy and mum for a short getaway two weeks ago. 新鲜热辣辣 quickly gonna blog about it.

When I mentioned to my friend, Sheena, that I'll be going to Muar for a two days one night trip, she immediately recommended two accommodation options. I went on FB to check out both places and finally decided on Muo Resort. You guys can check out their FB page *here* and you'll know why I decided on it. I think it's a very cool resort in the middle of no where that is great for friends gathering and also family getaway.

I've totally forgotten to take pics of the resort's surrounding. You can check out their FB for all the pics tho. But here are some room tour videos that I've took...



After checking in, we chilled for a bit coz we were waiting for our Muar tour guide to come over and bring us for dinner.

Jacy chilled with her new found friend lolol

I really love this orang utan soft toy from IKEA man. I'm gonna get it the next time I'm at IKEA.

I was hugging this around the room and Zyon got jealous or some sort. He kept snatching it away from me haha. I also hugged this to sleep instead of my son that night.

She's like: "What? Cannot chill here is it?" 😂

Me and baby 👶💕

The gang came and we were off for dinner.

Initially we wanted to try out this Thai restaurant but it was raining. That place is partly open air so it won't be great for dining coz of the rain. In the end we decided to go to another place.

We went to The Hungry Nest. It's not my (or Zyon's) first time (read about my first time *here*) here but mum and Jacy had not.


Had to order my favorite warm lemon cake from The Hungry Nest. Still as good as I remembered it to be.

Yuzu Yogurt 👌

I feel like I ordered this the last time but I'm too lazy to check my previous post lol.

Mum and Sheena ordered this

It's a healthier version of nasi lemak. I love the chicken on the side. It's some sort of pandan chicken. So tender and fragrant. One option to order the next time I'm here.

Grilled Salmon angel hair which I've ordered the last time. This time Sheene and Jacy ordered it and Jacy, being the first timer, loved it.

I ordered this miso udon as recommended by Sheene. Super good. But I think I can recreate this at home. I've got miso at home but no udon. Gotta go get it then I make it for the family.

Zyon enjoyed the udon as well

The more reason to go buy udon and make for the family.

Got some cookies to keep Zyon on the high chair longer so that we could chat. The Hungry Nest has cookies and some nut butter for sale. All homemade. Super tasty too.

After The Hungry Nest, we went to PreTea-Q to pack some desserts back to our resort. We wanted to hang out at our resort coz we can talk in private and also in peace. Can chat till late at night as well.


Mum, Jacy and I shared two desserts among ourselves. One hot and one cold. These made me miss Taiwan so so much. Especially Jiu Fen where I had these for the first time. I should really plan a trip back.

BTW there is PreTea-Q in Melaka. It is always packed with people whenever I go. I was not able to eat there ever. I hope the crowd will die down so that I can go there and fix my craving for one of my favorite Taiwanese food.

Sheena, Sheene, Jacy and I chatted till 1am. So much to talk about when we are hanging out...even though we meet every Sunday. But Jacy and I are kinda paiseh that we talked until so late coz Sheena and Sheene still need to work the next day.


Next day...
Sheene recommended this small kopitiam near our resort for breakfast. It is quite famous coz the Johor Sultan frequents there. I've forgotten the name of the kopitiam. The food is pretty good. Nasi lemak is very small portion but so fragrant. I would have eaten like four packets of it if I was not watching my weight.

After breakfast, we hung out in our room for a bit and then explored around the resort.

Look at our chill king

He wanted to play with mum's sunnies. Instead of letting him play it, mum put it on him. When it's on him, it's less likely he'll spoil it lol.

Then he just sat there beside mum with the sunnies on for quite some time. So funny~



Brought Zyon to see the few animals that they have around the resort. He was afraid of the rabbits last night. But in the morning he was super excited about them. He kept wanting to pet them. I was okay with it lah but mum was afraid the rabbits might nibble him.


There are two goats which looked kinda pitiful coz they looked so damn skinny. I think the top one is the mummy while the bottom one is the kid...literally 😂

Zyon aren't afraid of them but it's difficult to take pics with the goats. The goats are kept in a fence. Totally not able to take pics of them together. Also Zyon kept getting mosquito bites from here. So we quickly brought him away.

Zyon didn't care much about the koi so we just take a pic and left

We finally checked out and went out to cari makan again.

But before that we went to this famous otak-otak place, as recommended by Sheene, to get our stock. My family always have otak-otak in our fridge for days when mum doesn't know what to cook hehe.

We went to RSVP coz Jacy said that they have pokebowls!!!! I've been dying to try pokebowls but I only know they are available in KL. Now that there's pokebowl in Muar, I don't have to go all the way to KL to have them.



The top two were custom picked by me and Jacy for ourselves and the bottom one is pre-picked meals for mummy and Zyon.

Seriously damn good lah. I really love the concept of pokebowls. I hope that there will be a pokebowl restaurant in Melaka real soon.

I think apart from us, Zyon truly enjoyed all the food that we gave him

We then went to Jenna Rose to meet up with Sheene and her family again

Coffee beans at Jenna Rose is damn strong. Jacy initially wanted to take a nap in the car on the way back. But coz the caffeine is too strong. She stayed awake all the way 😂 I actually had two cups of caffeinated drinks. I didn't sleep well the night before so I needed the boost to drive back to Melaka. The first one (at RSVP) was not that strong so I decided to order a latte to amp up the caffeine.

This lemon tart!!!!! It's so goooooooooooood. Never found anything similar in Melaka. Maybe I should learn to make this myself.


The mille crepes tho were meh. The one that I had at Yonggi (mentioned in previous post) was much better.


Before parting ways (even though we are all going back to Melaka), we took some group photos at Jenna Rose. One selfie style and one more with the help of the waiter. Thank god this waiter has got some skills to take nice pic.

And that's the end of our short getaway to Muar. We've decided that from now on we will go to Muar annually for our gang's trip. Port Dickson was getting a lil boring anyways. Muar has more cafes that we can explore at the time being. So more Muar posts to come from now on 😂

Alright that's all for today's post. I'm already working on the next post coz I expect it to be a real long one. Can you guys guess what it is? 😏 Hopefully it'll be up by the end of this week lah.

Ok I'll see you guys in the next one.

Till then... bubbye for now 😘

Comments