Skip to main content

Zyon: 15-18 months


I've been waiting for Zyon to turn 1.5 years old so I could post this up but when he reached that, I nearly forgotten to post it wtf. Quickly post this up before he turns 19 months 😁

For previous posts, you already know I'm gonna link them here for you guys to read it 😁😁 first month | second month | third- forth month | fifth- eleventh month | twelfth- fourteenth month

Again, everything is not in chronological order. I just post up whatever that I found in my computer or phone. Let's just sit back and read on about how Zyon has changed over the last three months till now.

We've been bringing Zyon out to various playground/play area. He's been experiencing lots of new stuff at all these places. For example...
He got into his first ball pit

He didn't like it at first but later on he kind of got used to it and was able to play comfortably. I think he's still not a fan of it. He just went in to play when I asked him to. He won't do it on his own when not asked.

He also did some role playing for the first time. For now he had only tried cooking role playing. Next round I'm gonna make him try other role playing.

Brought Zyon to the arcade and let him try out one of the rides for the first time. He didn't like it. He would rather sit on the thing when it's not moving. When it moves, he's super scared of it.

Zyon's molar was breaking through his gums previously. He suffered quite badly. Had fever and was extremely cranky most of the time. Now his molars are out and proud. No more "bo geh" (toothless) Zyon 😬

Zyon had started imitating animals and their sounds. He is best at imitating dog's barking but on one rare occasion, he meowed hahaha. He also knows how to baa baa like a sheep now.

Speaking of dog barking, here's a video of him barking lol...

He started to want to dress himself up. He'll protest when he didn't like something that we picked. Also he loved wearing caps. Super hip hop this baby hehe.

Zyon received a doggy soft toy from Seow Wei yi yi and he loved it. This is the first time I've ever seen him playing with soft toys. I used to force it on him but he's not a fan. Now he'll go and pick up soft toys. Then he'll give them a big hug and a pat on the back. Super cute.

He got a new habit recently which I don't really like lah. He likes to climb into his ah mah's wardrobe just for the fun of it.

I've watched about how kids got stuck in wardrobe and died from suffocation in Rescue 911. I get really nervous when I see him trying to climb in. I hope he'll get over this habit soon lah.

Zyon upgraded to a big boy car seat after he turned one. He couldn't fit into his baby car seat anymore. So we passed it back to the Ngs coz Joey's baby, Ayden, needed it.

With this car seat, he could see what's going on around car. So he doesn't get bored in car rides anymore. I don't even need to sit beside him to entertain him anymore. In this pic I did lah. Coz this was at the beginning of his transition to this car seat so he hasn't got used to it yet.

He fell off the sofa and had the biggest "duku" on his head. It is also his first swollen bruise. Then more followed after this hahaha.

We brought Zyon to the recreational jungle for the first time and he decided that he needs to train for a marathon 😂

We gave Zyon an old spoiled phone and he wouldn't stop talking on it hahahahaha~

Now he'll pick up anything that is in rectangular shape and use it as a "phone".

I made him say: "Mama I love you" and regretted it. He basically tells everyone that he loves them after that 😓

I think terrible two is coming sooner than expected fml

In the last milestones update, I've said that Zyon will be traveling overseas kan? Well, we went to Singapore...which is definitely overseas 😬 So yep, Zyon went overseas for the very first time in his life. Let's hope the next one he'll be able to set his foot on an airplane lah.

BTW we went to Singapore for my cousin, Mark's wedding and also popo's early birthday celebration. Once again he met up with his big big Wong family members which is always fun. Everyone loved him and he enjoyed himself. I'll blog about it real soon.

Zyon met and took a pic with mama's favorite author and speaker without telling mama. Is that his first sign of rebellion? LOL~

Another wedding Zyon attended was in KL and he got to meet his 舅母 (my brother's wife) for the first time.

Before any confusion, Tze Yu is not my real brother. But we looked so alike (even though we don't think so) that people think we are. So we just go with the flow and let people think that we are siblings wtf.

At the same wedding, Zyon met Aunty Jane and baby Hanna for the first time. He also screamed and gave Hanna a first taste of how terrible boys can be hahahahaha.

This is a silly one 😂 I introduced funny filters to him for the first time. He likes to see it on me but I don't think he enjoyed it as much when it's on him hahahaha.

Brought Zyon to the hot springs for the first time. He enjoyed it coz he loves hot water bath. But he got super hungry after the trip to the hot springs. I guess he used up all his energy from playing in the hot springs.

Zyon went swimming with some friends for the first time. I don't know if he enjoyed the company coz he mostly spent the time with daddy or me. Not much socializing. I think I'll have to arrange more play dates so he'll be able to learn how to social with other people more.

BTW this is not his first time swimming. He first got into the swimming pool when we went to Singapore. He's not a fan of it tho. Reason: 1) He doesn't like cold water 2) He doesn't like water being splashed at him.

Silly little thing that he picked up from my brother in laws lolol

Zyon had started to learn about colors. Up till now he's still learning red coz mama is not consistent with classes 😬 Sorry Zyon. Mama will try to be more consistent from now on.

Zyon experienced playdoh for the first time. I made some homemade ones for him coz I'm too cheapo to buy the real Playdoh lol. These homemade ones are wayyyyyyy cheaper and safer for babies I think.

Zyon started using color pencils to do some drawing. He could spend like a few minutes on it only lah. Then he'll get bored of it and moved on to some other things.

This was one of the first drawing he did. I'm super proud of it ok? Seriously considering to frame it up.

Zyon played with a real drum for the first time at Uncle John's place. He held on to the drumstick steadily and hit the drum. I was quite impressed coz nobody taught him how to play with it. He probably saw Jayden playing the drum before this and picked it up on his own.

We had a toy drum at home which Zyon likes to play with. He'll hit it with him hands like how you would play a kompang. We lost the drumsticks so couldn't teach him how to play it correctly. But ever since there's a crack at the bottom of the drum, it doesn't sound the same anymore. Had to throw it out. Maybe I should consider getting a toy drum set for him for his next birthday.

I had not done any BLW with Zyon coz I believe that he'll learn how to self feed by himself. True enough he had started to feed himself in these few months. But I still sit beside him while he feeds himself lah. Sometimes he gets lazy and doesn't wanna feed himself anymore, I'll be right by him to feed him till he finished his food.

He also learned to wipe himself up after meals. Such an independent little boy

Zyon tried homemade pancakes (made by mama of course) for the first time. Definitely a fan hehe. I gotta make this again one of these days. I have all ingredients except for bananas for now.

Baby had his first taste of durians. Thank God he loved them. Whack like a true durian lover. Now every year we have a new gang to enjoy durian during durian season hehe.

He enjoyed it a lil too much that he got scratched by the durians hahaha

I made some homemade ice cream/sorbet and Zyon had his first taste of ice cream. He looked like he didn't like it but in real life he loved it to bits. Kept asking for more even when the whole tub is finished. Yet another thing I should make more often coz it's way healthier than ice cream bought from stores.

Actually I think Zyon secretly ate ice cream before this. Just wasn't sure. I'll just take this as the first time lah.

Alright that's all his milestones up till now. I think it's not as long as the previous ones. Maybe I've not taken enough photos and videos for this round 😕 For the next one, I'll try to take more photos of everything he's doing and write down notes so I don't miss anything. For the next milestones post I think I'll do it after three months or six months. Depends on how much milestones I've got.

I'll see you guys in the next post.

Bubbye for now 😘

Comments