Skip to main content

Our 13th Anniversary Dinner


Earlier this year I just posted a throwback on our 12th anniversary dinner *here*. While preparing for this post, I was comparing pics from both years. There were so many similarities and also lots of changes happening even though it's just one year. That's why I try to post all these special occasions on the blog every year. It was nicely looking back at things we did a year ago and even years ago. Great to see how much everyone changed and grown over the years.

Heading out for dinner

No pic with daddy coz he's driving hehe.

In the last post, I said who needs daddy when you have Zyon. Still stands true hahahaha.

I love this filter 😍😍😍

This was the time when I first taught him to say this and then he won't stop saying it to everyone he meets *facepalm* The value of "I Love You" definitely dropped to bottom of the earth from then on hahahahahha.

This year for our anniversary we were rather picky with our dinner venue. We didn't wanna go anywhere that we couldn't bring Zyon. So that place has to be baby/toddler friendly and has food for our lil toddler. Last year even though there was baby chair and all, we didn't think that Wazen was suitable for our 5 months Zyon. After much consideration, we went to...

Just like last year, the first thing we did was feed Zyon his formula milk. Gotta make sure he is somewhat full from his formula coz we know he won't be eating a lot of solids when he is outside. He tends to want to look at things or explore the place than eating.

What's difference from last year is that we prioritize ordering his food/snacks more than any of our food. Food would make him sit still on the high chair. The moment he gets down from the high chair one of us won't be able to eat peacefully anymore. So gotta order food that'll make him stay on long enough for us to at least finish our mains.

We got him some nuggets which were homemade by Yonggi's boss. Super good.

My favorite nuggets are from McD. This is like 100 times better. Believe me.

Zyon ate almost all. He couldn't sit anymore after the last two pieces so hubby and I each had one #parentslife haha.

We also ordered this wild mushroom soup for him but he didn't like it. So we whacked it all.

I think wild mushroom soup has an acquired taste. I know people who thinks that it's disgusting and prefers Campbell mushroom soup than this. I personally love wild mushroom soup and would order it whenever I saw it on the menu.

Now it's turn for our food...
Daddy SR ordered this pork chop with mushroom sauce. Not bad but I prefer the pork belly steak. I do like the mash sweet potato at the side tho. I think I'm gonna try to recreate it at home.

I ordered the carbonara coz Li Yee said it was good

Not very memorable coz I can't remember anything about it now.

Aesthetic pleasing rose latte to wash down everything

SR ordered this bottle of cold pressed juice called C Booster which was super sour. This boy here inhaled it like it was plain water. His taste buds really are super impressive I'm telling you.

We didn't wanna go look for some other place for desserts coz we always ended disappointed with either our favorite cafes are closed already or packed. So we decided to order desserts at Yonggi.

The mille crepe here is so good. Better than the famous Nadeje to be honest. I'll definitely order this the next time I'm here.

Yonggi's boss gave Zyon an egg custard as dessert for free but unfortunately we wasn't able to keep him on his high chair anymore. Guess who benefited from this? 😁😁😁

After dinner we let Zyon walked around outside Yonggi to let him release his energy. This way he'll fall asleep easier when we put him to sleep.

True enough when he got back home, he was cranky af coz he was sleepy. Both SR and I had to lie down with him coz he won't go to sleep alone.

Wanted to take an anniversary pic with le hubby but after putting Zyon to sleep, he also collapsed and slept 😅. So no choice, our 13th anniversary pic looks like that hahahhahahahaha.

Then in the morning I dolled up and asked him to hurry so that we can take a pic for the 'gram and the blog. He didn't care and continued sleeping 😓 That's 13 years of relationship, guys 😑

Alright that's all for this post. Glad that I was able to post 4 posts this week. Not sure if I'll be able to do that again next week but I'll try my best. Now that I have fibre internet, it is so much easier to blog. Super happy. Please look forward to see me post real often right now...if I have the time lah.

Ok I'll see you guys next week then...which I hope I can post one by tomorrow.

Till then....bubbye for now 😘

Comments