Skip to main content

Bangkok + Hua Hin Day 4: Shopping Mania Begins...

Links to all previous Bangkok + Hua Hin trip posts:

From Day 4 onwards we basically went shopping all day errrr day until we went broke lolol.

We decided to walk from our hotel to Platinum Mall coz it's just 15 minutes away from our hotel.

Sights from our walk to Platinum...
We walked by this store every day and kept saying we should try her food. But we didn't end up eating it at all. What does it taste like is a mystery to us.

H&M knockoff lolol

If you are a K drama fan, you have probably heard of Tom n Toms. SR also mentioned that he wanna try the coffee but kept forgetting. In the end, we didn't try it 😓

So excited to explore the shopping malls hehehe

Had to take a pic at the famous overhead bridge with the Bangkok jam in the background

Reached some high end mall...which name is forgotten lol... no point shopping there so we just took pics with the Christmas decors.




John wanted to check if he is really playing the piano or just pretending 😆

Definitely gotta check out the famous After You

Surprisingly the Siam Paragon's After You is pretty empty when we went. I heard that it could take few hours of queue just to get in to order. We must be very lucky.


Drinks that weren't memorable

Thai Milk Tea shaved ice which was the star of the cafe

To be honest I think it's been so long since the trip that I cannot remember of the food's taste properly anymore 😐 But I do remember that this shaved ice was really good.

Don't even remember ordering this lol

Another must have item at After You

I remember this being better than any toasts that I've tried so far.

 
They made me super awkward again 😅

Instead of cutting cake, they made me cut the Shibuya toast lolol

Went exploring again after our little tea break.






Siam Paragon's Christmas decoration theme is Harry Potter coz they were gonna have a Harry Potter exhibition or something like that. They had the exhibition after I left which is a bummer.

Whoever took this pic really fail lah. Can't even see that we're taking pics with Harry Potter related decor.

Again and again I wanna say that the three of us look so damn fat during the Bangkok trip. In December I'm gonna take a pic and do a comparison with pics from Bangkok to show you guys that we really worked really hard to lose all these weight.

From this point on, it's on and off pics of us in between crazy shopping.

妈的!😂

Found Stylenanda's Pink Hotel

It was on my MUST VISIT list in Bangkok coz I love 3CE. But now that I've gone cruelty free 3CE no longer excites me.

I think everyone and their grandmothers took a pic here when they visit the Pink Hotel 😂😂

Even if you don't shop there, I would suggest that you go there just to take photos coz every single corner is Instagram worthy.

I didn't buy anything coz 3CE is not any cheaper than it is in Malaysia. They didn't have the latest range that I wanted at that time. I was not interested in Stylenanda clothes coz again expensive. Also the style is a bit too quirky for me.

After shopping for a few hours, we decided to give it a rest. John found a street food hawker center and since we were getting a little hungry, we decided to buy some stuff to eat. You'll soon realized that it wasn't SOME FOOD 😬

These pork trotters...😋😋😋

I can remember so well coz it's really damn good.

And this tomyam Mama (their instant noodle brand) noodles is also 👌👌👌

I regret not getting more Mama noodles back. I miss it so so much. Can't even find it in Melaka 😢

This one no memory lol

Also no memory

These clams were spoiled so we returned to the hawker. He paid us back with some squid eggs which I've forgotten to take pics of. Nobody liked the squid eggs so I ate everything up. I love them lah 😋 Suddenly got the need to go look for squid eggs in Melaka right now.

Giant squid which super spicy but so damn good

We went shopping crazy again until we couldn't walk any longer. Then we took a rest in Siam Square and I found...
LINE store with a giant Brown outside

Didn't enter the store coz I really got no more strength to shop. I wished I didn't even have to walk after this but still had to coz we had to walk back kan?

Anyways instead of visiting the store, we just took a million photos outside with Brown.

 In case you guys haven't realize yet, I got some really cute Harry Potter-esque glasses from Siam Square. Worn it ever since I got it coz it's super nice for my face shape. I have to remember to wear it more often now coz I think I look damn cute with #takmalu



After some rest, we were able to walk over to MBK. We planned to take the BTS back to our hotel since our legs can barely make it anymore. Along the way we still had strength to take pics happily hehe.

But then we found a tiny night market outside MBK and decided to shop again 😅😅😅

Apart from fashion items, there were also food stalls. So the guys went to rest their feet (even though they didn't even shop much 😑) and ordered some food for us to munch on in case we got hungry.

It was impossible not to take pics of other people at this food stall's eating area. Even after cropping, there are still some strangers in our pic.

Anyways this was when we really gave up shopping coz legs already RIP 😂 We decided to have some street food before going back with Grab lolol.

John said that this is the only way that we could take pics without having any strangers in the pic lol

 LOL Jacy and I looked super excited to photobomb Mr and Mrs Ng 😂

Us, being fickle minded decided to take the BTS again hahaha.



On our way to the BTS station

John still makes us take awkward pics even though we are back at Bangkok lol

Stopped at the BTS station near our hotel (if I'm not mistaken, BTS Ratchthewi) and found this place to have our dinner... even though we just had some street food 😂



I think we ordered more than this but I only took the dishes that came before I started eating


Got back to the hotel to shower and stuff before going out again. Took some time to FaceTime my fat baby coz I miss him super duper much. Back then he wasn't as talkative as he is now 😑 In fact he was super shy when he saw my face hehe. If this happens now, he'll be hogging the phone nonstop for sure.

Took a long soak in our jacuzzi to heal my bloody legs. Jacy even thought that I've decided to sleep in it coz I didn't come out from the toilet for so long 😂😂😂


We had to get a massage coz everyone gets massages when they are in Bangkok

We went for a massage at the parlor near our hotel and the service was 👍 Jacy, SR and I got the foot massage while John, Li Yee and Wen Feng got the whole body massage...which explains why the three of them are not in the pics here.

It was SR's and Wen Feng's first time getting massages in a massage parlor and they were pretty hmm... uncomfortable about it...especially SR coz he doesn't like touchy stuff like this lol. But he was like: "Alright I'll just do it once. Don't ask me to do it again" 😂 Poor Wen Feng got asked by John to join his to do full body massage. He didn't enjoy it at all coz he was super ticklish. He was laughing the whole one hour... not the most relaxing experience I must say hahaha.

It was of course super awesome for me...since my legs were ready to give up after the whole crazy shopping. The only regretful thing was I should have gone for the whole body coz I kinda wanted it but shy. You know how awkward I can get with strangers kan? I think I'll die if I had to let a total stranger massage my whole body. But I really wished I went for it lah.

We went food hunting again after. This time at the area around our hotel...which we've actually surveyed on the way back after dinner.



I don't remember much about the food that night but I sort of remember that I didn't like the chicken rice. I still love Malaysian chicken rice. The oyster omelet is not bad. But not as good as the ones in Taiwan.

This is the Thai version of Yakult/Vitagen called Betagen. We had this almost every day. I feel this one is better than the no sugar Yakult. Me love 💓

Well that was what we did on the fourth day...and also the other days that followed. I'm considering to merge the rest of the days together coz the number of photos taken are too little. I'm gonna try to compile and see. You guys will know whether I'll be merging by the next Thailand trip post lah.

Alright that's all for this post. I'll see you guys in the next one coming up soon.

Bubbye for now 😘

Comments