Skip to main content

Moving, POTC and Zang Toi...

Hello...

It's me again... You guys probably think I'm nuts coz I kept complaining that I have lots to do but I'm still sitting here blogging. Well, I need time off from all those work right? Or else I think I might lose my mind. Well, at least I cut down on viwawa today. Hehehehehe~

I have some sorta good news. I'll be moving away from MC next semester. *yayness!!!* I can move away from "India" now. Wheeeeee~ (For those who didn't already know, the place I live in now, better known as MC, is filled with Indians.)

Anyways, I will be moving to University Tower (UT), which is just across MC and maybe a kilometer away. But that kilometer away makes lots of difference. UT was much, much, much better compared to MC. How good it is? I will tell you later in other post lah... Coz this post is not to talk about that.

What to write in this post, actually I also don't know. That shows in the lack of creativity in the title. Hahahaahhah~

I don't know how many Thursdays ago, Li Shan told us that her brother will be going back to Singapore and she'll have to fetch him to the bus station. So she asked Esther and I whether we wanna go shopping at Times Square and Sungei Wang or not. Being shopaholics, both of us straight-away agreed.

Li Shan's dad had just returned from er... I don't know where... hehe~ Sorry Li Shan... I forgot. And he brought back lots of gifts. And you can see all the things that he brought back in this post. *clickety-click* I wish my dad would bring back gifts for me from...well, anywhere pun boleh lah... All he does was take my snacks and food away from me. (I want my tam-tam back!!!! >_<!!!)

Anyways, of all the gifts I was deeply fascinated by the Pirates of Carribbean mega blocks....which was on her living room table when I was there the other day.

For those who don't know a shit about me, I love POTC (Pirates of the Carribbean). Mostly because I love Johnny Depp. Seeing the mega blocks was like... I don't know... I just felt extremely excited and happy seeing it.

I was fascinated by the details of these mega blocks. Especially the characters of the movie. Although they are all mini in size but I could recognize who was who and it scarily looked quite like the character and actor in person...

 
I had problem deciding which was Jack Sparrow at first. But for other POTC fans, they would know that Jack Sparrow wears thick eye makeup, which is eyeliner on the top eyelid and the lower eyelid.

Erm... I forgot his name but this fella is Jack Sparrow's assistant. Remember???

Say hello to weird looking Orlando Bloom. His upper body looks like too muscular d. He got so muscular meh??? Don't think so... (I don't like Orlando Bloom...don't know why)

Some sepet looking Chinese soldier from Singapore *hears Chow Yun-fatt's voice booming: "WElcome to Singapore"*

I still don't get it. Why Singapore??? Not that I have anything against Singapore lah... But why Singapore??? Why not Thailand??? Why not Myanmar??? Why not Malaysia????

I can't find Davy Jones anywhere. Maybe it was the lack of time lah... I don't really Captain Barbosa but... ok lah... Since I can't find Davy Jones right???

The undead monkey

One of my favourite character in the movie. How nice if I can have an undead something. I won't be afraid that it might die and cause me sadness.

Ok, one last thing about POTC megablocks before you guys close my blog...
This cannon can really shoot things. See the top which is red??? The thing will fly out when you press the red thing under the chinese words. Damn cool.

After a matter of life and death on the road (Li Shan's brother nearly scare both Li Shan and I to death with his driving), we reached Times Square in one piece and sent her brother off in a very dramatic way. I shall not disclose how dramatic it was coz it should be done by Li Shan in her blog.

We went to shop in Sungei Wang till our legs nearly gave ways. I don't know what is so special about Sungei Wang but we just love doing our shopping there. WE are not lalas, mind you!!! But we find the stuff sold at Sungei Wang more suitable to our taste and our pockets.

After much shopping, Li Shan suggested that we have our dinner before returning back to MC (to avoid jam la tu...). Esther and Li Shan both agreed to go to have dinner at...
For those who didn't know, this is the signature of Zang Toi's cafe situated at..er... I forgot which floor was it d. :P Sorry la... your blogger here damn forgetful punye...

Anyways, I had not been to Zang Toi cafe ever. Of course I know who is he lah...well, for those who don't, here's Zang toi for you... As I was saying, I know about Zang Toi coz I read about him in newspapers and saw him on TV before. But never had I step into his cafe coz I thought it was some high class place which serves damn expensive food. But I was wrong, it was not expensive at all. It was quite worth the price that I paid actually.

There are many set lunch/dinner which you could choose from which are really reasonable. Summore their servings are quite big. So like the three of us went, we only order two sets of meals coz its actually too big for us to finish one set by ourselves.

anyways, here's what included in the set lunch/dinner...
You could choose from either these two drinks. But unfortunately the forgetful blogger had forget the names of the beverages already. So sorry... :P


 
Both drinks are citrus-y (erm... is that a word???). One is more to the sweeter side while the other is more sour-sweet. I prefer the sour-sweet one coz I love things that are sour. (I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!)

Then there are the main courses...

 
The close up

This was good. I was havin second thoughts about this dish and didn't order it. Well, Li Shan did.

Reading the name of the dish, I thought its gonna be damn spicy. But it was not. It does have a tiny wee bit of spicy hint but was not until I cannot eat it. And it was damn good can??? I will definitely order this the next time I'm there.

Ordered by Esther

The two main dishes that we ordered were quite popular I guess. Coz most people ordered these two dishes and the other popular one was the club sandwich which we didn't order coz we thought that it won't make us full. Hehe~

Anyways, this chicken was good too. It was not the average Hainanese Chicken Chop you eat in other stalls which are so hard that you might break your teeth sinking into it. This chicken is real tender and the mushroom gravy on it was damn damn delicious. I think Sinren would love this. Ney... let's go and have lunch there!!!

The side dishes for this dish was...
typical curly fries

Nothing special about them...
Coleslaw and some sort of sambal

The coleslaw was also normal in taste lah. But the sambal was damn hot. I didn't eat much of it. It was good actually.


 

 
The three makan face

We might look as if the food were not nice but no lah... we were juz tired. Whole day of class k??? Summore had forum before this (which I had to re-do because it was "unsatisfactory")

Next came the dessert...

 
I'm not sure if you could read the caption on the photo but this is Chocolate Banana Cake with Ice cream.
Not a big fan of chocolate banana cake. Coz I don't like that combination. Erm... actually I don't like banana cakes lah. Eating banana alone is fine for me but not as cakes. I only ate the ice cream. Hahaha~ No lah... actually this was not the typical chocolate banana cake with the mixture of banana and chocolate. The cake is actually pure chocolate cake. Damn nice and rich. The bananas were cut and selit in between of the cakes. So I either eat the cake or eat the bananas but not altogether. Yala... I am damn weird lah. Cannot is it???

This dessert comes with either...
or
Nothing to talk about coffee and tea right? Takkan didn't drink before. Hahahaahah~
But there was this funny event happening during the coffee and tea thing. Kan we ordered two sets right? So we ordered coffee for Li shan and tea to be shared between me and Esther. We were drinking halfway when suddenly the waiter brought another cup of coffee. We were puzzled and told the waiter we already had all our orders already. Plus we already paid the bill. The waiter looked at us puzzled and said he'll go check it out. Tapi tak return langsung. So another waiter was walking by and we quickly told him about the coffee again. He smiled and tell us: "Its ok. Take it as a complimentary item" Wah!!! So nice. Ok, I have to admit that I don't know what the hell is a complimentary item but which cafe would do this??? Erm... not many I know lah... I tell you... I definitely will come back to this cafe coz the staffs are so nice (not because they gave me complimentary coffee ok???),the whole enviroment of the cafe is so nice and the food is va-va-voom...

Some other photos we took...

 
Were you thinking that I'm gonna take photo of myself??? Hehe~ I was too free at that time so instead of camwhoring I took photos of sugar. Shy lah wanna camwhore in public.

Well, if you wondered why they serve coffee/tea after we had our beverages earlier on. Well, I don't know either but the weird thing was we were not bloated with water after eating everything. And we were felt just right after the meals not full until wanna vomit like we always felt after eating.

Ok lah... that's it for today. See you guys soon. Maybe after I return from Malacca coz you know how sucky is my line in Melaka. Worst than MC. Pengsan!!!!

Here's Mr Levi saying...

p/s: I know this is not Mr Levi Strauss lah... Just joking... hehe~

Comments